Eric Prime

WrathofHan and CoolEric's Controversial* Predictions of 2019 (*Controversial results may vary)

Alita isn't doing 50m in total domestically. No one cares about these live action anime things. James Cameron being a producer does not sell anyone - otherwise Solaris would be the next Star Wars. The trailers are bad and greeted with stony silence every time.  Why would it pass Ghost in the Shell, which at least had a name property and A-list star? Most overpredicted movie currently on the boards.

Also I think there's a decent chance Glass finishes under Split. If reviews are bad that's where I'll mark my predictions.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Knock It Off 1

I think Flopita may do well actually, like $150 million or so, if reviews and wom are great. I dismissed it when I saw the first trailer but the Cameron fanboys made me interested and hopeful it will actually be as good as Cameron movies.

Happy Death Day 2 U will decrease significantly I think based on that trailer, unless it's surprisingly creative and fun (like the first movie was). It looks like an unnecessary cash grab sequel.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Alita isn't doing 50m in total domestically. No one cares about these live action anime things. James Cameron being a producer does not sell anyone - otherwise Solaris would be the next Star Wars. The trailers are bad and greeted with stony silence every time.  Why would it pass Ghost in the Shell, which at least had a name property and A-list star? Most overpredicted movie currently on the boards.

Also I think there's a decent chance Glass finishes under Split. If reviews are bad that's where I'll mark my predictions.

Jimgang made me go high. Jimgang and their long-winded rants terrify me.

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think Flopita may do well actually, like $150 million or so, if reviews and wom are great. I dismissed it when I saw the first trailer but the Cameron fanboys made me interested and hopeful it will actually be as good as Cameron movies.

Happy Death Day 2 U will decrease significantly I think based on that trailer, unless it's surprisingly creative and fun (like the first movie was). It looks like an unnecessary cash grab sequel.

I thought you said you were done with this forum after stating Snyder haters were going to hell.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Sigh...well, guess I'll get it over with.

February 15

Alita: Battle Angel: Ho boy, can't wait to be hounded by a bunch of weirdos who have a fetish for 10 ft. tall blue people. Exclusively Jimgang, I will be attacked by in this thread? Let's see what happens. Perhaps Marvelites or TLJ haters might be even worse.

Anyways, the second delay for the project, this has sacrificed Christmas legs for a Valentine’s Day opening and weaker competition. So where does this go box office wise? I’ll admit I had no idea how the film would do in July. I had no idea how the film would do in December. And guess what? Still have no idea how the film will do in February. The delays certainly don’t help the film’s buzz, and it seems like a film that only Cameron die-hards care about and nobody else. But the marketplace won’t have any action films available, and James Cameron still has enough pull and a passionate fanbase. I’m going to say this will cross the century mark, even if by a slight amount. It's not anything good, but it won't be anything terrible, especially if it's a hit overseas. (btw if you Cameron fans are gonna be pissy at me over this, go step on a Lego) 35/50/110 (3.14x, 2.2x)

Happy Death Day 2U: Happy Death Day was a modest hit when it came out last year, and this seems like it will see a slight increase. The first film has likely found a new audience in the ancillary market, and the trailers make the movie seem pretty fun. It also seems like a good date night option for teens. Won't set the box office on fire like the Blumhouse films surrounding it, but it'll find mild success. 20/30/65 (3.25x, 2.17x)

Isn’t It Romantic: Not really sure what to do multiplier wise for this, because of it having a six-day weekend, but I guess I'll try? What matters is the total anyways. Okay, so Rebel Wilson? Aight. The director of Harold and Kumar 3 and The Final Girls? Okay. Adam Devine? Ugh. But the premise seems enjoyable enough, the trailer has a couple laughs, and it should be a good date night option for this coming Valentine’s Day/President’s Day weekend, especially since this will have a PG-13 rating. It'll definitely be successful, but expect What Men Want to be the bigger hit, in spite of its R rating. 15/30/75 (5x, 2.5x)

Monday as 30% and 33% of the 4-day?    

Of the 25 biggest president’s weekend openers, the largest Monday %s are:

23% Spiderwick Chronicles

21% Bridge to Terabithia

19% Percy Jackson Lightning Thief

19% Eight Below   

Edit: Oh, these are all 6-day openers, it looks like? How strange.

Edited by Thanos Legion

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I doubt many people remember this but the advertising for Sanctum back in 2011 had James Cameron's name all over the ads for the movie and it tanked.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Monday as 30%, 33%, and 50% of the 4-day?    

Of the 25 biggest president’s weekend openers, the largest Monday %s are:

23% Spiderwick Chronicles

21% Bridge to Terabithia

19% Percy Jackson Lightning Thief

19% Eight Below   

Alita and HDD are opening on a Thursday, so this is a 5-day prediction. Isn't It Romantic opens on a Wednesday, so this is a 6-day prediction.

• Like 1