Asyulus

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY 🎇 # AM 21.8, MPR 11.3, BB 8.8, SMSV 5.7 [FOR ASGARD]

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

This is not true sweetie. I post my opinion and could care less if anyone reacts to it. What I said still stands - the movie looks cheap and laggy - people just weren’t interested. In a post Disney/Pixar world quality like that isn’t acceptable. Also by all means hit that ignore button - I’ll consider it a late Xmas gift 💝

I must read your other posts in general wrong then. 

Im not defending Spiderverse at all. It does`ent look that appealing to me either. I dont watch animated movies. But it does`ent look cheap and will still make 150 mill+ DOM. So some defently were interested. 

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

SPIDER-VERSE (the part I’ve seen) is very entertaining. 

How many screeners have you gotten so far, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by TMP

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

SPIDER-VERSE (the part I’ve seen) is very entertaining. 

Starts well but then devolves into chaotic mess where you stop stop caring and start playing with your phone. 

And it's completely uncesscary. The filmmakers knew it, too. How do we justify the movie's existence given that it's the 48th Spiderman movie in the last 15 years? Let's make him black! And animated? And...hmmm...maybe we could add a girl and a pig spiderman too??? What about a B&W one? Yeah, that should do it. 

• Knock It Off 1

I said Spideerverse would struggle to make $100m right from the start and it has nothing to do with the quality.

The problem is it looks like what you can see all the time on cartoon TV, you will always struggle to get people to pay for stuff they can get for free.

Having said that, its still doing double what I thought it would do originally.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

How many screeners have you gotten so far, if you don't mind me asking?

Roughly 3 dozen, I think. And a bunch of streaming show screeners, which seems like a total waste to me, since I already subscribe to those various services. :unsure:

Edited by Telemachos

Were there any other good movies this year? This list is all I can come up with off the top of my head. Most of them are flawed but if nothing else I had a good time watching them. 

Green Book 

A Star Is Born 

Game Night 

Upgrade 
Mission Impossible 
Disobedience 

Halloween 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I think one thing that is off putting regarding the Spider Verse is the art style. I had a group of teenage girls behind me say after the movie ended that it was good but the art style took some time to get use to. They said it reminded them of a 3D movie without the glasses which I agree.

14 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I said Spideerverse would struggle to make $100m right from the start and it has nothing to do with the quality.

The problem is it looks like what you can see all the time on cartoon TV, you will always struggle to get people to pay for stuff they can get for free.

Having said that, its still doing double what I thought it would do originally.

No offence, but it REALLY doesn’t look like stuff you’d see on tv. The animation and style of it is unique, painstaking and breathtaking. They’ve clearly spent years on it.  The film is a work of art, no matter whether you like the actual movie. 

Sure it doesn’t look like the polished, clean CG animation people have become accustomed to from Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks etc, but it is certainly a remarkable achievement. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

No offence, but it REALLY doesn’t look like stuff you’d see on tv. The animation and style of it is unique, painstaking and breathtaking. They’ve clearly spent years on it.  The film is a work of art, no matter whether you like the actual movie. 

Sure it doesn’t look like the polished, clean CG animation people have become accustomed to from Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks etc, but it is certainly a remarkable achievement. 

Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks etc movies take 3 to 6 months to do to have that non artistic polished and clean animation.

These animation studios go for the easy way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1