Asyulus

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY 🎇 # AM 21.8, MPR 11.3, BB 8.8, SMSV 5.7 [FOR ASGARD]

4 minutes ago, a2k said:

My guess Wednesday (26th Dec) to Tuesday (1st Jan)

14.0 (-37%) // 26th DEC - Wed

12.5 (-11%) // 27th DEC - Thu

13.0 (+4%) // 28th DEC - Fri

14.5 (+11%) // 29th DEC - Sat

12.5 (-14%) // 30th DEC - Sun; 40 2nd weekend

8.5 (-32%) // 31st DEC - Mon

12.5 (+47%) // 1st JAN - Tue

= 87.5

In 2012 Hobbit1 added 65 more after a 48.3 5-day (28th DEC Fri - 1st JAN Tue). Here have figured a 61 5-day for AQM and Hobbit1's legs (adding 1.35x the 5-day) would give it 82 more. However it was Hobbit1's 3rd weekend opposed to AQM's 2nd weekend and multipliers off subsequent weekends tend to be better.  So using 70 more (1.15x the 5-day) after 1st Jan for a total of,

106 cume as of 25th DEC +

87.5 7-day cume (26th DEC to 1st JAN) calculated above

70 after 1st JAN

= 263.5 dom

Using only Hobbit1 as a comparison does not embolden one's case but it's still something. Have been conservative but feel 275 is a pragmatic target for Aquaman and a very pleasing one. 300 would be exhilarating.

A 37% drop on Wednesday seems like a worst case scenario considering that Boxing Day is almost as huge as Christmas itself. I think the movie will drop by 27% and I feel like I am still being pessimistic there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Very small drops in the 5-20% range, for some films maybe even slight increases. Boxing Day is huge.

Thank you, hope MPR can make around $ 10M both wed / thurs and then $ + 30M on second weekend

Will be a relief after the terrible debut

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Thank you, hope MPR can make around $ 10M both wed / thurs and then $ + 30M on second weekend

Will be a relief after the terrible debut

Folks have been way too quick to dismiss it here, not surprised, it's BOT after all. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

34 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

What kind of drops can we expect for tomorrow?

Looking at 2007, Poppins, Spider-Verse, and Ralph should see an increase. Aquaman and Bumblebee will probably drop around 10%

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

Folks have been way too quick to dismiss it here, not surprised, it's BOT after all. 

give me a name? Who here at the forums is dismissing it? People are saying it's going to finish somewhere between 150 - 200. How exactly is that dismissing it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

That is partly because it was way over-hyped here and couldn't live up to unrealistic BATB-type expectations. MPR is starting a perfectly fine run, domestically at least.

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I woudnt call it dimissing, its just that many people here had very high expectations for it and thus the smaller-than-expected numbers were surprising. MPR can still develop great legs ofc and you wont find a lot of people here who would argue that the film doesnt have a chance to reach a respectable total.

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

give me a name? Who here at the forums is dismissing it? People are saying it's going to finish somewhere between 150 - 200. How exactly is that dismissing it?

Personally i see some people saying on others topics they're happy with MPR "bombing" because they are sick of people saying it will be a smash hit etc.

At least it's recovering and depending on the jump for second weekend, could finish above 200M... so yeah, it's under some expectations [including myself] but still far from a flop.

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Looking at 2007, Poppins, Spider-Verse, and Ralph should see an increase. Aquaman and Bumblebee will probably drop around 10%

Actually, I just realized that both National Treasure and I Am Legend had much lower Christmas Day results than Aquaman, so it probably won't see that good of a drop. But a drop in the low 20% feels about right?

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Not so much now. It happened more on OD and (to a lesser degree) the day after. 

Yeah, last week had a lot of it. I was always on a "wait and see" mode.

Edited by cookie