Premium George

Thursday numbers I AM 14.5, MPR 10.2, BB/SMSV 5.8 I BY ASGUARD

I guess my idea have a good time with the movies is not when you have 15 minutes of plot and an hour and 45 minutes or songs that you can't understand are not catchy are not entertaining or not worth listening to. And I guess my idea of a good time requires Mary Poppins to actually do something in the movie besides just entertain the kids for a little while. It just really irked me from start to finish. Did not like it one bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The Holmes and Watson situation with Ferrell reminds me of Blended with Sandler:

Comedian with waning appeal reteams with his most beloved costar ten years after their previous outing with the hopes of recapturing the magic or banking on nostalgia, but the movie ends up being no better than his recent offerings.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I feel like the concept behind Holmes & Watson had potential, but it needed a director like Adam McKay to guide the stars' chemistry and sensibilities to something funny. As soon as I saw that this one was going to be from the guy responsible for Get Hard, it seemed pretty clear that we weren't going to get much of a movie. I'm not surprised that it's apparently not clicking with audiences.

I think Mary Poppins could make 250-260 M domestic.  The next weeks there aren't big movies expect for an adult target movie like Glass and there isn't any big movie for children until the 8th february with Lego 2. 

Edited by maxalcamo
  • Astonished 1

34 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I guess my idea have a good time with the movies is not when you have 15 minutes of plot and an hour and 45 minutes or songs that you can't understand are not catchy are not entertaining or not worth listening to. And I guess my idea of a good time requires Mary Poppins to actually do something in the movie besides just entertain the kids for a little while. It just really irked me from start to finish. Did not like it one bit.

jim-carrey-in-a-christmas-carol-1_facebo

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I feel like the concept behind Holmes & Watson had potential, but it needed a director like Adam McKay to guide the stars' chemistry and sensibilities to something funny. As soon as I saw that this one was going to be from the guy responsible for Get Hard, it seemed pretty clear that we weren't going to get much of a movie. I'm not surprised that it's apparently not clicking with audiences.

When someone brought up the lack of Adam McKay to John Campea when the trailer came out, he said he was hoping that the pairing of Ferrell and Reilly would be enough to overcome the lack of Adam McKay. Needless to say, he just confirmed he's not planning to see it now.

The reality is lots of movies have potential. I probably get scoffed at for thinking the Baywatch movie had potential, which it squandered to such a frustrating degree.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

that's also the first Mary Poppins so I don't think is a bad concept to make money.