Premium George

Thursday numbers I AM 14.5, MPR 10.2, BB/SMSV 5.8 I BY ASGUARD

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

I guess my idea have a good time with the movies is not when you have 15 minutes of plot and an hour and 45 minutes or songs that you can't understand are not catchy are not entertaining or not worth listening to. And I guess my idea of a good time requires Mary Poppins to actually do something in the movie besides just entertain the kids for a little while. It just really irked me from start to finish. Did not like it one bit.

Not sure it was your intent, but you did talk our fam into an enjoyable shopping afternoon (after the rest watched Aquaman this morning) at mom's house.  Mom decided that she and her senior friend would enjoy MPR on senior day next week, better than all of us would...

So, now I'm on the fence if we'll go as a group b/c I think my kids (with 3 movies in 3 weeks) might be "movied out" for now...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

that's also the first Mary Poppins so I don't think is a bad concept to make money.

well it seems like people are loving the movie for the most part. I'm just giving you my opinion and telling you why it didn't work for me. I still think it's going to make quite a bit of money and it will do fine for Disney. Just wasn't quite my tempo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Huge numbers and with Bullock it would have done very well in theaters.

I'd always considered her a draw. Heat/Gravity/Oce8ns def. wouldn't have made as much without her tbh

32 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Huge numbers and with Bullock it would have done very well in theaters.

Though it probably helped a bit that people can't find where NETFLIX is hiding Infinity War

What if every time someone wanted Infinty War to play, they got Bird Box instead :ph34r:

• Astonished 2

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

How much did netflix pay for Bird box? or did they... make it? in which case what was the budget?

Netflix acquired the rights to the book so it's an in house production.  Budget a reported $19.8m

Film rights to Bird Box were optioned by Universal Pictures in 2013, prior to the book's release.[4][5]Scott Stuber and Chris Morgan were set to produce the film, with It and Mama director Andy Muschietti attached as director.[5] Screenwriter Eric Heisserer was in negotiations to pen the script.[6] In July 2017, it was announced that Netflix had acquired the rights to the book after Stuber became head of the feature film division of Netflix and would develop the movie, with Sandra Bullock and John Malkovich starring

• Thanks 1