AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

3 minutes ago, Manny G said:

WB and Paramount are 2 very different studios. Paramount rebooted the franchise after  TLK pulled in $600M meanwhile WB went ahead with Aquaman after JL pulled $600M. 

Also so why are people so emotional on here. Are we supposed to just list numbers and says “everyone is doing fine” without any insight? Jesus.

It would have been too late to change Aquaman by the time JL crashed - they would have literally ended up with the exact same mess on their hands. It was easier to just keep on forging ahead. So, while I am happy they kept calm, let's not pretend it's because they're such level-headed dudes over there. JL itself is proof that isn't the case.

Also, why are you ignoring my - and Nova's - point? BB is a far smaller budget movie meant to course-correct and lay the foundations for growth. Batman Begins is a perfect example. By all accounts, it was a failure upon its theatrical run. Home media and general reception though meant WB had something to build on!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they seem to be The Angriest Fanbase. star wars fans are also an angry fanbase but they're always angry at star wars movies. DC people are angry about every movie that isn't a dc movie.

This is thus far my favourite post in the forum. Hilarious and true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So coming from someone who is incredibly loyal to Michael Bay and his vision for Transformers I have no desire to see bumblebee. I don't care about a Transformers world without Michael Bay. And I would like to see Transformers get back into what made the first three work really well. bring back the original cast and bring back Michael Bay.

I'm personally thrilled to see Aquaman doing so well and even more happy to see it doing better than Mary Poppins.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 2

19 minutes ago, Manny G said:

It’s funny that in a Box Office forum people forget so often the business side of the Indy and it cutthroat nature for embellished naive words.

Bumblebee doing less than $300M Worldwide will be seen as a utter failure. There’s no going around it. Optics are key in the industry and a Transformer movie failed to reach the $300M  mark is horrible for everyone involved.

I think $300mn is quite easy. US will be around $125mn most likely.

China could go bonkers for this one, no one knows. 

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

So coming from someone who is incredibly loyal to Michael Bay and his vision for Transformers I have no desire to see bumblebee. I don't care about a Transformers world without Michael Bay. And I would like to see Transformers get back into what made the first three work really well. bring back the original cast and bring back Michael Bay.

I'm personally thrilled to see Aquaman doing so well and even more happy to see it doing better than Mary Poppins.

Don’t Shia and Megan Fox really have no desire to work with Bay again?   

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Bronging back  Shia would be Impossible now that he’s gone crazy 

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

And as might be expected, I feel literally the exact opposite about every single thing in this post.  Good morning Baumer. :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

It would have been too late to change Aquaman by the time JL crashed - they would have literally ended up with the exact same mess on their hands. It was easier to just keep on forging ahead. So, while I am happy they kept calm, let's not pretend it's because they're such level-headed dudes over there. JL itself is proof that isn't the case.

Also, why are you ignoring my - and Nova's - point? BB is a far smaller budget movie meant to course-correct and lay the foundations for growth. Batman Begins is a perfect example. By all accounts, it was a failure upon its theatrical run. Home media and general reception though meant WB had something to build on!

Again because they’re 2 different studios. Paramount is close to be in the gutter financially they cannot afford the luxury to have a $135M movie part of a huge franchise  that’s a supposed course correct barely doubling it budget. The statement needed to be stronger.

WB was the number one studio in 2005 Harry Potter was on fire and Batman is way more bankable than the Transformers franchise as a whole. Also begins made $200M Domestically something Bumblebee won’t.

Great time for musicals... BR continuing its crazy run in Japan and South Korea!:ohmygod:

7 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

And we've come to it at last -- Bohemian Rhapsody is looking to reclaim the #1 spot in its eighth weekend of release, which will be its first time back on top since its second weekend.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Isn’t Michael Bay’s next project a Netflix release? It’s where his brand of filmmaking fits these days tbh. 

Yes about six billionaires. Fitting since he’s the director of a billion dollar franchise. 

• Like 1