AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

Wonder Woman 84's original date was December 2019.. but after Disney announced EP IX it moved to November and then later to June 2020.

@Nova it would be pretty crazy to release Star Wars IX, Jumanji sequel and Wonder Woman 84 on the same weekend (along some other smaller releases) so it's kinda too late now :ph34r:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also I want to take the time and make a note that WB was stupid to move Wonder Woman from December 2019 to June 2020. We are seeing first hand that December can give CBM great legs and WB could have made it a yearly thing for them to release one of their CBM in that slot. At this point though, there’s nothing stopping Disney from seeing how Aquaman is performing and going “hmm maybe we should start releasing one of our CBM during the Christmas period.” And suddenly a Marvel Disney CBM takes that spot when it could have belonged to WB. 

1000000% this.

Still holding out hope they push it back, since it'll be done well in time before Nov. 2019, but the big issue is DC just signed new partnership deals for merchandise that don't go into effect until 2020... so that could be something stopping them 😕 

• Like 1

Sorry folks. For some reason my dumb ass thought WW was being released in December of 2019. Still if I’m WB I’d move it there.

WW over Star Wars would have happened :thinking::ph34r: 

*But my previous post wasn’t all a mess. We had no idea what type of legs a CBM would have in December and now we are seeing it so it’ll be interesting to see whether studios (WB or Disney) start to place their CBM in December now. They’d be silly not to in my opinion. 

Edited by Nova

21 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Lol look at  all these Disney zealots coming out of the woods shouting victory because a certain movie ended up not being a embarrassment.  What happened to it being THE movie of the holiday? Now y’all are reduced to celebrate the movie doing Greatest Showman numbers which is quite funny considering Greatest Showman had much lower budget much lower critical score much lower hype and a much smaller machine behind.

funny how the mighty have fallen.

some of you guys are so weird.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Lol look at  all these Disney zealots coming out of the woods shouting victory because a certain movie ended up not being a embarrassment.  What happened to it being THE movie of the holiday? Now y’all are reduced to celebrate the movie doing Greatest Showman numbers which is quite funny considering Greatest Showman had much lower budget much lower critical score much lower hype and a much smaller machine behind.

You said several days ago that the movie’s run was already determined to have poor legs based on the opening weekend multiplier in that $400M club thread. You have nothing to crow about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Feel like WW84 would have been a lock for a billion in its old date. There's no big live action movies that are dated to come out between Joker & Star Wars right now, unless Zombieland/Mr. Rogers blow up - but rn I can't see either doing more than $150m domestic. Sony could always move Far From Home to Wondy's old date? Too much prime real estate there for Charlie's Angels/Terminator 19/Sonic the HedgeHop/A Kingzzzzzman Prequel.

Like, Bond got delayed by 3 months, leaving November for the taking for Wonder Woman.... so WB decides to delay it by 7 months??

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Wonder Woman 84's original date was December 2019.. but after Disney announced EP IX it moved to November and then later to June 2020.

@Nova it would be pretty crazy to release Star Wars IX, Jumanji sequel and Wonder Woman 84 on the same weekend (along some other smaller releases) so it's kinda too late now :ph34r:

Okay see I wasn’t going crazy. I could have sworn that WW at some point in time had a December release date. I was unaware it moved to November. I thought it went from December 2019 straight to June 2020 lol 

But tbh they should just release it in December of 2019 and see the meltdowns occur when it makes more than Star Wars :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Most of the predictions I saw for Mary Poppins Returns were in the 300M-350M range (on here and on reddit and BOP had it at 325M) and it's going to make about ~220M-240M by the end of its run so let's not act like missing its projections by 50%+ or something.

it's not much worse than TLJ doing only 620M after its gigantic opening instead of the projected 750M-850M :ph34r:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Imagine being this pressed over a children’s movie. Like imagine lowering yourself to the point of having to “diss” a child’s movie. And for what? Like what do you get out of it? 

Then again youre prob a DC fanboy and well I know how fanboys get. I mean it wasn’t that long ago that we had Venom and Lady Gaga stans going at it so I guess it’s only fitting for DC fanboys to want to get into the mix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

smart move on my part to not post about it last weekend. was waiting to see legs before i had a meltdown. was sat reading last weekend's thread like

1q2odm.jpg

You truly practice the Roosevelt’s policy of, “Speak softly, and carry a big stick.”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Most of the predictions I saw for Mary Poppins Returns were in the 300M-350M range (on here and on reddit and BOP had it at 325M) and it's going to make about ~220M-240M by the end of its run so let's not act like missing its projections by 50%+ or something.

it's not much worse than TLJ doing only 620M after its gigantic opening instead of the projected 750M-850M :ph34r:

I think both of those cases were unrealistic expectations rather than a movie underperforming.  Disney probably isn’t all that upset with how Poppins is performing, it’ll be a profitable hit.

i've been called a disney fanboy and a disney hater on here multiple times. weird how it changes depending on what movie i'm talking about. it's zealot season for me. the summer with aladdin and lion king is gonna be hater season i'm afraid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/29/2018 at 10:26 PM, excel1 said:

[Aquaman] is about to explode JURASSIC WORLD style. 

E.X.P.L.O.D.E.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:33 PM, Napoleon said:

Aquaman - $580

On 12/8/2018 at 9:20 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Bold prediction [for Aquaman]:

$100M OW ($135M five day)

$400M DOM

$280M China

$450M OS

$1.13B WW

On 11/30/2018 at 4:02 AM, movieboner said:

Christmas holiday legs can get [Aquaman] to $400 million.

Oh wow. Aquaman is missing these predictions. What an utter flop. How can Warner Bros. spin such a disaster?

See, I can do this shit too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

MoS and BvS made a profit of 46.3 mil and 100 mil respectively. Not really huge hits if you ask me. Also, Justice League literally flopped. It is really funny that you are making it seem like the movie just made less money than expected. No, it actually lost a lot of money in terms of the revenue earned from the movie itself and the substantial amount of brand damage (which affects merch). The franchise WAS momentarily dead.

Ant Man and the Wasp probably made around the same profit as BvS so it as much of a success as BvS (I would consider both disappointing). I love your blatant fanboyism for the DCEU in every thread. Yes, DCEU is the best franchise ever. All the people who say otherwise are just C L I C K B A I T.

Napolean, honest question. Why do you think everyone is here to destroy the DCEU? All these "clickbait" news sites were happy when Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and now Aquaman became huge hits. 

If they can't make a profit out of a franchise that ranges from $650 million to $900 million worldwide that's because they are spending more than they should, not because audiences aren't interested. Audiences are invested in the DCEU, they love those characters and if the film looks good they will show up to see it in theaters. This franchise was never dead, Zack Snyder created something really special.