AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Maybe he wants to return. Maybe it has already been decided to recast the role. Why speculate about things we know nothing about?

Someone needs to call a mod for that guy. Poisoning the well. :apocalypse:

• Haha 1

When it comes to movies/franchises, every actor/actress has a price. There’s a number that a studio will throw out there that’ll have the actor/actress unable to refuse the offer. The question becomes whether that person is worth the money of not. 

This isnt about the DC Universe but just franchises in general btw 

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Maybe he wants to return. Maybe it has already been decided to recast the role. Why speculate about things we know nothing about?

Because it’s fun to make people mad. But you’re right, of course, and I’ve woefully drifted off my skybeam of happiness. 

Here’s a Bat-cookie as an apology. 

batman-cookies.jpg

1 hour ago, DAR said:

What the fuck?

1 hour ago, MrGamer said:

Super Pets: $85M/$285M - Good lord no

Animated superhero films on non popular or relatively unknown/original perform the best compared to say TLBM or Spider Verse. SLOP was huge, and assuming it’s good and marketed well I don’t see why not.

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Will there be a Mary Poppins Returns 2? How much would it take to get Miranda and Meryl Streep back?

MARY POPPINS: THE FINAL CHAPTER, set during the 2008 recession. The grandkids lose their retirements, the great-grandkids are saddled lousy student loans, and Mary Poppins just says “fuck it” goes off to sing and dance with LMM’s grandson (played by LMM). Then she leads the great revolution and the streets are awash with blood and justice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Animated superhero films on non popular or relatively unknown/original perform the best compared to say TLBM or Spider Verse. SLOP was huge, and assuming it’s good and marketed well I don’t see why not.

I doubt it'll be CG animated. If it is, and looks like an illumination/Pixar joint and not TTGTTM, then your prediction might hold more water

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

MARY POPPINS: THE FINAL CHAPTER, set during the 2008 recession. The grandkids lose their retirements, the great-grandkids are saddled lousy student loans, and Mary Poppins just says “fuck it” goes off to sing and dance with LMM’s grandson (played by LMM). Then she leads the great revolution and the streets are awash with blood and justice. 

Is this why you're a film editor and not a writer? 🤔

Edited by DMan7
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Do you think Cavill dreams of a MAN FROM

UNCLE sequel instead? He’d be with dreamy Armie Hammer again. 

He could actually show off his charisma instead of playing a grumpy Clark/Superman AND he would be with dreamy Armie Hammer. Massive win/win situation. Go ahead with it, WB.

• Like 2

Great news for MPR, it has finally beaten tracking!

Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns, the sequel to the 1964 musical from Chicago and Into the Woods director Rob Marshall and starring Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda, is starting off gradually tonight in 125 Dolby auditoriums and will expand to 4,000 theaters tomorrow including 250 PLFs with an eye on a $35M weekend and a first week (Wednesday through Tuesday) of what many believe is closer to $75M.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

will expand to 4,000 theaters

thats interesting as acc BOM it started and stayed with  4,090 theaters

38 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Someone needs to call a mod for that guy. Poisoning the well.

maybe.... just a thought: stop pushing on clearly sore spots?

22 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Aquaman May be successful but it’s objectively a bad film imo. Like venom. Wonder Woman was very good.

I have not seen yet Aquaman (January 1 in Italy) but Wondy is a normal film. A classical origin story such as Ds / Ant man etc. etc.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Aquaman May be successful but it’s objectively a bad film imo. Like venom. Wonder Woman was very good.

I don't think so.  The visuals and directing overall that was on display was Oscar worthy.  I realize you said "IMO" but I'm not sure if that offsets you saying objectively bad,  seemed like you were attempting to force your opinions on others but whatever the case it is hugely successful...  too late for the hate train to commence. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't think so.  The visuals and directing overall that was on display was Oscar worthy.  I realize you said "IMO" but I'm not sure if that offsets you saying objectively bad,  seemed like you were attempting to force your opinions on others but whatever the case it is hugely successful...  too late for the hate train to commence. 

Question: are you a native English speaker?