Ezen Baklattan

2018/19 Golden Globes: Official Discussion Thread | Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book are Best Picture winners

A part of me wishes that Singer would start attending all of the events throughout awards season and letting everyone know what they’ve decided to support beneath the surface. He won’t though, he’ll just collect his payday from this movie (of which he will get the biggest payday of everyone involved in making it) and ensure that he’ll have enough dough to pay off whoever is planning to publish exposes on him for life.

Edited by filmlover

35 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Honestly, if Bohemian Rhapsody were better reviewed (or at least wasn’t almost completely made by a controversial director), it would probably be our automatic Best Picture winner with how much of a sensation it’s become.

Agreed. That being said, I really wouldn't mind if it gets nominated for BP. I loved the movie plain and simple. 

Happy for Green Book as well. Also an awesome movie!! Saw Beautiful Boy tonight; thought it was really really great, but can understand why it's not going to be a big player (although I do think Chalamet gave one of the best performances of the year period, and the sound and music were also some of the best of the year). 

• Like 1

I haven't seen most of the front runners yet, but I can't be too sad about Bohemian Rhapsody winning over A Star is Born...I mean, it's the best version of its movie, since it's the only one done...I've heard many folks say A Star is Born isn't as good an previous editions, so what would truly make it worthy of the top spot over a premier concept?  I always support the new over the redone...even if the redone seems like it was done spectacularly well...maybe the Globes did as well...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I haven't seen most of the front runners yet, but I can't be too sad about Bohemian Rhapsody winning over A Star is Born...I mean, it's the best version of its movie, since it's the only one done...I've heard many folks say A Star is Born isn't as good an previous editions, so what would truly make it worthy of the top spot over a premier concept?  I always support the new over the redone...even if the redone seems like it was done spectacularly well...maybe the Globes did as well...

...say what now?

Wow just looked at the winners.  Impressive, nearly every take the Golden Globe had was total trash.

Only Colman, Cuaron, King and Spider-Verse were good takes (eh on Bale, better than Mortensen).

Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody sweeping it up is about as trashy as it gets. They’re both terrible movies and shouldn’t even be getting nominations.

• Like 1

Just now, Rorschach said:

To be fair, I had a lot of bad opinions when I was only 15 years old too.

True, plus her performance was great because she played a quintessential 14 year old.

But still, rooting on the pedophile movie that does a poor job representing and honoring its subject matter is a big no from me.

Green Book is also outdated trash.

• Like 1

Bryan Singer is a terrible, morally reprehensible human being and I do not condone any of his actions. I understand where people who do not like Bohemian Rhapsody are coming from because they do not wish to support a film made by someone who did the things that he did. I get it.

The problem I have is when they start attacking and maligning other people for liking the film, like what happened with Elsie Fisher tonight after she got a barrage of hateful comments after her initial tweet. That's where I, personally, draw the line. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Bryan Singer is a terrible, morally reprehensible human being and I do not condone any of his actions. I understand where people who do not like Bohemian Rhapsody are coming from because they do not wish to support a film made by someone who did the things that he did. I get it.

The problem I have is when they start attacking and maligning other people for liking the film, like what happened with Elsie Fisher tonight after she got a barrage of hateful comments after her initial tweet. That's where I, personally, draw the line. 

Very happy that Elsie Fisher was able to handle that in a very mature way. The Twitter Era is producing some very frightening things, but I saw the last post, where a lot of equally mature supporters are having her back. I wouldn't wanna be as cynical as the people who attacked her for celebrating a movie's success--not a director's success, but a film's success.

• Like 1