Eric Duncan

Jan 11-13 Weekend Thread l Upside 19.6M, Aquaman 17.3M, Dog 11.3M, ITSV 9M. Aquaman crosses 1 BILLION DOLLARS WW. Win Gold accounts - link in first post.

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is 800WW possible? Assuming it will make 6M more domestically, that's 783, it could definitely do 17M more OS with a 15M weekend...

It will do it, the movie is having insane leggy runs in some territories.

Spider-verse over MPR is certainly an upset I don't think anyone predicted pre release. So happy Spider-verse is having these legs though. It would be so awesome if it could somehow beat the dreaded TASM2 DOM, but I think 190 is probably the highest it could go even with fantastic holds.

Green Book needs some kind of real push from the studio. I feel like it has been wanting to properly break out for weeks, there just isn't quite enough awareness of it.

4th weekends and legs

BVS 9.0m, added 19.0m (2.1x more)

SS 12.2m, added 42.0m (3.4x more)

WONDR and MOS had summer weekdays while JL had Dec holidays coming up in the late run so not using them. For SS the summer weekdays ended after the 4th weekend.

BVS legs give AQM 2.1*17.3 + 287.9 = 324.2 dom

SS legs give it 3.4*17.3 + 287.9 = 346.7 dom

BVS had horrid legs and with MLK coming up even worse case for AQM will be better than that. SS can be considered the best-case scenario I guess as it had a great late run.

14 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Mr. Robot was a flop show

Flop show in the US system often do not end their first season, let alone getting many of them, arguably getting to 3 season automatically make you out of the flop show category regardless of everything (at least an high exec someone loved it and thought it would be a good library content in the very worst), with the small percentage that do it.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to "Aquaman" becoming WB's 1st Comic Billion Grosser since "Dark Knight Rises".  It continue to prove a lot of detractors wrong with it's breakout success.  It really capitalized on  the Holiday Season.  The next 2 years Episode IX and Avatar 2 takes over those slots going forward.    Kevin Hart has another #1 at the Box Office. even through the recent Oscar drama, he shows he's a consistent draw.   "Bumblebee" is doing OK for a spin off but I thought it would be doing a little better domestically, Overall 400+ globally on the way.   That's good for "A Dogs Way Home" considering the budget was minimal.   I think Spideyverse is doing just fine overall.  "Escape Room" is also doing great with that low budget.  Overall decent weekend but you can tell we are in January for sure.   Bring on "Glass".  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Congrats to "Aquaman" becoming WB's 1st Comic Billion Grosser since "Dark Knight Rises".  It continue to prove a lot of detractors wrong with it's breakout success.  It really capitalized on  the Holiday Season.  The next 2 years Episode IX and Avatar 2 takes over those slots going forward.    Kevin Hart has another #1 at the Box Office. even through the recent Oscar drama, he shows he's a consistent draw.   "Bumblebee" is doing OK for a spin off but I thought it would be doing a little better domestically, Overall 400+ globally on the way.   That's good for "A Dogs Way Home" considering the budget was minimal.   I think Spideyverse is doing just fine overall.  "Escape Room" is also doing great with that low budget.  Overall decent weekend but you can tell we are in January for sure.   Bring on "Glass".  

Image result for titanic it's been 84 years

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

not really?

Most watched episode(live) was the show premier with 1.75m viewers. Season 2 and 3 are not even crossing 1 million. Nothing to do with quality just numbers.

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Flop show in the US system often do not end their first season, let alone getting many of them, arguably getting to 3 season automatically make you out of the flop show category regardless of everything (at least an high exec someone loved it and thought it would be a good library content in the very worst), with the small percentage that do it.

Streaming has definitely change the game. Youtube premium, and I think Netflix too are giving more seasons to show with good WoM just to fill their library. Of course, we don't have numbers for those. Amazon prime is playing a big part in continuation of the show. But it is not having any impact on it's live viewership like some other shows had.

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I am ready to see "Golden Globe winner, Rami Malek" in every malek's future movie promo. Nice.

It is "Emmy and Golden Globe winner" now.

But in future trailers, Malek will be "Academy Award nominee*" anyway. :Gaga:

(*or perhaps winner, who knows)

Edited by MrGlass2