2. Moonlight

3. The Artist (fight me)

4. 12 Years a Slave

5. Spotlight

6. Birdman

7. The King’s Speech

8. Argo

9. Green Book

I actually just opened up a thread for ranking all of the winners for this decade (this decade being the 2010-2019 ceremonies):

Just now, The Panda said:

I think it’s ironic you’re talking about out of touch when mentioning Green Book

Considering he is talking about the GA and not the elitist film snob club he is right.... the reactions around here tonight are the exact reason that most average jane / joes do not give hollywood or film the time of day. 

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Considering he is talking about the GA and not the elitist film snob club he is right.... the reactions around here tonight are the exact reason that most average jane / joes do not give hollywood or film the time of day. 

Yeah man it's not that, it's the behavior of the script writer and director not to mention the film itself. 

There was a lot to like about this year's ceremony. Being hostless made this one of the best Academy Awards, and there were some great wins and speeches (particularly Regina King and Spike Lee). Olivia Coleman's surprise win gave us a shocker win for the night, which doesn't happen most years. And that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper performance was perhaps the best musical performance I've ever seen on the show - intimate, well staged, and sung really well live. Even Bradley Cooper held his own.

Overall, I'm definitely on the #KeepTheOscarsHostless bandwagon now. And have a great group of funny people open the show as non-hosts. Maya Rudolph, Tina Fey, and Amy Poehler were the best. (I got flashbacks of the three years they hosted the Golden Globes - best hosts ever.)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

Personally speaking, this is the most satisfying Oscars overall maybe ever for me. The Malek ridiculousness aside, the vast majority of categories went to my favorite. That never happens for me. I'mma need the award season to be this chaotic every year please. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

“Accounts of celebrations in Jersey City and Paterson, both of which have large Arab-American and Muslim populations, spread quickly in the days after the attacks. Most accounts have been debunked.”

Right, but, if you read the article, probably not all.

In a nutshell, Trump saying thousands of Muslims dancing in the streets and cheering after 9/11 was an outright lie. But someone saying they saw a news story about some Muslims cheering could well be factually correct rather than an obvious sign of racism. Do you see the difference?

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Personally speaking, this is the most satisfying Oscars overall maybe ever for me. The Malek ridiculousness aside, the vast majority of categories went to my favorite. That never happens for me. I'mma need the award season to be this chaotic every year please. 

Lol of course the Oscars where the two biggest winners were Green Book and BoHo are your favorite

• Like 1

Just now, Wrath said:

Right, but, if you read the article, probably not all.

In a nutshell, Trump saying thousands of Muslims dancing in the streets and cheering after 9/11 was an outright lie. But someone saying they saw a news story about some Muslims cheering could well be factually correct rather than an obvious sign of racism. Do you see the difference?

Come on man that's bs, not to mention nobody knew who was behind the attacks on the day of 9/11.

4 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

There was a lot to like about this year's ceremony. Being hostless made this one of the best Academy Awards, and there were some great wins and speeches (particularly Regina King and Spike Lee). Olivia Coleman's surprise win gave us a shocker win for the night, which doesn't happen most years. And that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper performance was perhaps the best musical performance I've ever seen on the show - intimate, well staged, and sung really well live. Even Bradley Cooper held his own.

Overall, I'm definitely on the #KeepTheOscarsHostless bandwagon now. And have a great group of funny people open the show as non-hosts. Maya Rudolph, Tina Fey, and Amy Poehler were the best. (I got flashbacks of the three years they hosted the Golden Globes - best hosts ever.)

Peace,

Mike

Coleman's speech was wonderful. I totally believe she didn't think she was going to win.

• Like 2