MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

I hope I never have to hear the names of Heard and Depp again for  a long time.

why the hell do people have to takes sides based on who they are fans of? Why can;t people admit they are both poor excuses for human beings?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I hope I never have to hear the names of Heard and Depp again for  a long time.

why the hell do people have to takes sides based on who they are fans of? Why can;t people admit they are both poor excuses for human beings?

Honestly, I think Depp is the worse excuse for a human being, but regardless, I wonder what WB is going to do about this. Heard can still appeal, but that would probably take a while. 

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Honestly, I think Depp is the worse excuse for a human being, but regardless, I wonder what WB is going to do about this. Heard can still appeal, but that would probably take a while. 

Probably recast. Same as they will end up doing with The Flash.

And it would be easier.Heard was not the lead. Heard was OK in the role, but hardly memorable. She could be easily recast. I don't know why recasting is such an outrageous idea for many people here. Happens in franchises all the time.

Interesting and Ironic the Warners will probably end up firing both Depp and Heard from a Warners franchise.

IMHO, both are miserables excuses for human beings.

Edited by dudalb

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Apparently, as part of the case, it came up that she is not a co-star in this movie, and her role is small.  So, I expect they do nothing, b/c she already was not going to be part of the media campaign for this movie.

I think Heard is a trainwreck, but I find the unbridled hatred toward her here to be unsettling.

Is just confirms my opinion that fandom has become totally insane. It has become about pure tribalism. There was time when fans would be the first to poke fun at whatever they were fans of. Not now. It has become some kind of bizarre religion to too many people.

Only a matter of time until a fanboy kills somebody over some fan BS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Regardless of what you think of Heard, the vitriol she’s received on behalf of Johnny F*ing Depp is insane. If she remains in this movie, I just know that people in the theater will be booing whenever she’s onscreen. 

This, I have no respect for Heard who I think clearly lied and is a trainwreck, , but the hatred toward her by the Depp fans is truly disturbing and sick.  I just hope booging is the  worst that happens. I can see some demented fanboy trying to physically attack her.

Of course, I think that fandom has gotten so out of control n the tribalism that it is only a matter of time before some fanboy kills somebody because of fan BS.

Edited by dudalb

Mamoa is in talks with Marvel for a role in the MCU; exact role unknown.

If he does sign, it will cause the heads of some die hard fanboys to explode, since they still think there is some unwritten law you can only work in one of the two cinematic universes at a time. I know it has already been blown to shreds, but this will be the biggest yet, he might be the first to have two major roles in the two comic book universes at the same time.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Mamoa is in talks with Marvel for a role in the MCU; exact role unknown.

If he does sign, it will cause the heads of some die hard fanboys to explode, since they still think there is some unwritten law you can only work in one of the two cinematic universes at a time. I know it has already been blown to shreds, but this will be the biggest yet, he might be the first to have two major roles in the two comic book universes at the same time.

Please cite your sources when you say that, and it better not be Giant Freaking Robot who make up everything on their site.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Please cite your sources when you say that, and it better not be Giant Freaking Robot who make up everything on their site.

God, it is Gant Freakng robot. I apoligize.

But I see nothing really impossible about it, Momoa is big and Marvel likes to go after big names.

And my comments that the idea that about actors or writers or anyone else cannot be in both universes at the same time stands.

4 hours ago, Noctis said:

They'll ask her to step down ala Depp.

She's already being "written out" (according to rumors about the edit and Heard, herself) and she was only under contract for this one sequel/this was the last one in her contract, and Warners didn't renew it (per Heard, herself), so she's done.  

Edited by Macleod

32 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Apparently Heard is being taken out of the movie completely, I’m waiting to see an actual report from a trade before I believe anything though so we’ll see. 

I know who you're referencing and I think it's best to not over-exaggerate anything unless/until we hear it from the trades.  It may very well happen, but I wouldn't trust/legitimize any unofficial rumor about this within 24 hours of a notable court verdict.  As of now, we already know from Heard, herself that her planned scenes were greatly reduced and that she's not contracted for any further sequels.  That should be enough for some people.  

Edited by Macleod

19 hours ago, Noctis said:

They'll ask her to step down ala Depp.

You can add Ezra Miller to that list, too late to do anything about him in "FLashpoint" but that will be his last appreance as The Flash.

Probably the last big role he will have for a long,long, time. He is in RDJ territory now. Getting indicted for a Violent Assault Felony is really, really bad even by Hollywood standards.

They will let Heard stay in Aquaman 2, but that will be the last we see of her in that role.

I have a feeling the hatred fo rher by the Depp fanboys is so over the top there will be something of a reacion in her favor.