MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

I don't really see how WB even thinks that even if this has decent demand, that it is going to get enough good screens when Avatar 2 will take them all. Way fewer people are going to watch this when Avatar 2 takes all the PLF screens and afternoon and evening shows while this just ends up getting morning and late night shows. How tf are previews gonna even work? This already happened with previous WB films like Detective Pikachu and Matrix 4 and those didn't release on the same day as the record breaking hits they competed against.

• Like 3

If they really want to release this movie in December they should move up at least. 

There's 0 big movies in the first week of December, they could put it there and get 2 full weeks without competition. 

If they think it's too close to Flash, well, move this one up to mid October, there's also room for that.

Releasing on the exact same day is dumb, i think this could win the OW, but it will definitely be overshadowed during the holidays if Cameron deliver another super leggy movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If they really want to release this movie in December they should move up at least. 

There's 0 big movies in the first week of December, they could put it there and get 2 full weeks without competition. 

If they think it's too close to Flash, well, move this one up to mid October, there's also room for that.

Releasing on the exact same day is dumb, i think this could win the OW, but it will definitely be overshadowed during the holidays if Cameron deliver another super leggy movie.

They need to move The Flash to 10/20 or the MI7 date in September (before the delay) and put Aquaman on 12/02.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, belblazer said:

They need to move The Flash to 10/20 or the MI7 date in September (before the delay) and put Aquaman on 12/02.

Yeah, would be way smarter. At this point SH movies obviously can do very well in any date or month. 

I doubt Flash would make less money opening in October instead of November. 

And Aquaman would benefit a lot of 2 weeks for itself, and would still get some bump during the holidays. It will be better for everyone, let's hope they change it, they already screwed WW84 and TSS with stupid decisions. 

I don't think Aquaman would do bad against Avatar to be fair, just less than it could, especially on China.

Well he basically confirmed this was in the same NWH situation (VFX team under pressure to delivered faster than they can). 

I'm happy for this delay, Aquaman is a beautiful movie overall and needs to keep the high quality of it's visuals.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3