MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Weird flip-flop.

I can easily see how taking out amber heard could break a few things

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Speaking of ViewerAnon, here’s a tweet from December where he said that the movie was testing ok. It seems both him and BSL have changed their tune. Kind of weird. Maybe the movie is horrible, but why is there such a discrepancy between what they’re saying now, and what they said a few months ago?

I saw a tweet from one source saying that they've made recent changes to the film, and this last screening is when it went from OK to awful.

• Astonished 2

11 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I saw a tweet from one source saying that they've made recent changes to the film, and this last screening is when it went from OK to awful.

VA recently claimed that he’s been hearing that the movie is bad for over six months now. That kind of contradicts his own tweet from December. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Speaking of ViewerAnon, here’s a tweet from December where he said that the movie was testing ok. It seems both him and BSL have changed their tune. Kind of weird. Maybe the movie is horrible, but why is there such a discrepancy between what they’re saying now, and what they said a few months ago?

It's a SH movie, i'm sure they make like 10 versions of the same movie 

Maybe the most recent cuts are awful instead of getting better, but until it's close to release that probably doesn't mean much if they had some fine tests at some point, they probably just keep changing, maybe work more on the older cuts that was better received 

I'm not entirely sure but i vaguely remember reports that tests from the first movie was being pretty bad as well 

Edited by ThomasNicole

And knowing Wan, that doesn't mean the movie is bad 

He does have some very bizarre references in some of his recent works, he said to be inspired by very "trash" B movies for Aquaman 2, maybe the bad tests have more to do with the movie being very different from the first one or too weird for the genre, instead of being straight up bad 

It happened with his own Malignant recently with disaster test screenings just because the movie was bonkers 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's a SH movie, i'm sure they make like 10 versions of the same movie 

Maybe the most recent cuts are awful instead of getting better, but until it's close to release that probably doesn't mean much if they had some fine tests at some point, they probably just keep changing, maybe work more on the older cuts that was better received 

I'm not entirely sure but i vaguely remember reports that tests from the first movie was being pretty bad as well 

I distinctly remember people saying that the first WW was “a mess” as well. It seems like the only DCEU movie where the scoopers haven’t been in full doom and gloom mode has been the Flash movie, which is supposedly the best thing ever. I’m just tired of hearing from these people at this point. 

• Like 2

If it's indeed awful I'm guessing it's because they made a bunch of edits and chopped up the script to make it fit in somehow with the DC changes (whether it's actually set in the new DCU or they just want it to make its very existence make sense to the audience after the reboot).

Just to recap, both BSL and ViewerAnon previously said last July and Last December respectively that the movie tested fine. Not only have they completely changed their tune, but ViewerAnon is claiming that he essentially lied when he previously said the movie tested ok, because he didn’t want fans to freak out. There’s something fishy here, no pun intended. 

• Like 3

I replied on Reddit in the hopes it wouldn't spread across the internet. Oh well, what can ya do.

I don't want to torpedo movies with bad press if I can help it. I've consistently heard it's worse than Aquaman, but whether it's close or a big gulf depends on the person I talked to. The version that tested last week is the first to include the intended reshoot changes, so there were a lot of scenes with temp voiceover dialogue and storyboards indicating what they'll be shooting in pickups. Reaction to this version of the film was not better than any previous version, at least in regards to people who talked to me.

The movie is still ten months away so there's a lot of time. The bigger problem is that I've heard Wan's had a nightmare experience on this one, even worse than Furious 7.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 9
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I replied on Reddit in the hopes it wouldn't spread across the internet. Oh well, what can ya do.

I don't want to torpedo movies with bad press if I can help it. I've consistently heard it's worse than Aquaman, but whether it's close or a big gulf depends on the person I talked to. The version that tested last week is the first to include the intended reshoot changes, so there were a lot of scenes with temp voiceover dialogue and storyboards indicating what they'll be shooting in pickups. Reaction to this version of the film was not better than any previous version, at least in regards to people who talked to me.

The movie is still ten months away so there's a lot of time. The bigger problem is that I've heard Wan's had a nightmare experience on this one, even worse than Furious 7.

you think gunn will try to salvage this, or does it just not matter to him? also, is shazam 2 testing decently because the trailers look... not great.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ViewerAnon said:

Malignant had dreadful test screenings, do you think this might be having a similar effect on unsuspecting audiences (if Wan did go full Mario Bava Planet of the Vampires), or is it just actually a complete mess? 

That's what happens when you mess with Mera's plot 😬 but honestly, all tests had different versions and this most recent was the first who tested with the additional scenes + looks like they don't know what to do with the Batman cameo and Mera's arc. I'm also expecting a messy script with Malignant elements.

I LOVE Wan and the word "boring" associated to his movie is insane to believe. It might be not as good and liked as the first but they can choose to release the version that people liked the most, because it really happened last year according to the same people who reported this most recent screening.

I'm expecting the trailer to be attached with The Flash. Let's see.

Edited by belblazer