charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread (3/1/2019 - 3/3/2019) - Weekend Estimates - Page 19.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The soft second weekend hold seems to be becoming more and more of a unicorn. Unless it’s a holiday or it opened sub 30m or something, seems like everything drops 50%+ now no matter what. 

I could imagine that it has to do with folks just rushing out more and more for movies on OW. Partly maybe because to avoid spoilers or they just want to see the films they're excited for as fast as possible and in our digital age everybody knows when a film comes out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I could imagine that it has to do with folks just rushing out more and more for movies on OW. Partly maybe because to avoid spoilers or they just want to see the films they're excited for as fast as possible and in our digital age everybody knows when a film comes out.

Unlike Panda3 and Transylvania3, Dragon3 was marketed as end of a trilogy. I think that also increases OW rush from those who were children when 1st one released 9 years back and are now older. The quality is also consistently high so folks may not wait for word of mouth.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The soft second weekend hold seems to be becoming more and more of a unicorn. Unless it’s a holiday or it opened sub 30m or something, seems like everything drops 50%+ now no matter what. 

Two months before the yellow unicorn phenomenon.

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Is that 500k for a star is born a real thing?  that is like 180% up from last Friday !

It could really enter 2018's top 10!

added theaters 

2019/02/28 - $50,592 +17% 745 $68   $211,029,339 147
2019/03/01 - $500,000 +888% 1,235 $405   $211,529,339 148

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

You literally stole my joke answer.

@DeeCee @aabattery @grim22 can you pls ban That One Guy? Joke answers is the only thing what is left for me in this miserable life. I wont let anyone take them from me.

I didn’t read anyone else’s post before commenting that plz don’t kill me

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Asking what Gone With the Wind is would be like going to a Magic game and legitimately asking “Who’s this Michael Jordan guy and why does he get to have his own sneaker brand?”

I'm just waiting for someone to come on here asking "what is The Dark Knight" and @MrPink would lead all of BOT in stoning them.

• Like 1