charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread (3/1/2019 - 3/3/2019) - Weekend Estimates - Page 19.

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Is that 500k for a star is born a real thing?  that is like 180% up from last Friday !

It could really enter 2018's top 10!

43 minutes ago, a2k said:

added theaters 

2019/02/28 - $50,592 +17% 745 $68   $211,029,339 147
2019/03/01 - $500,000 +888% 1,235 $405   $211,529,339 148

ASIB has been re-released with an extra 12 minutes of footage as an "encore" addition, they're calling it: there's a couple of songs that weren't originally shown at all, plus extensions of some performances/scenes. It's only supposed to be playing for a week. 

Saw it last night and feel like it was what would have been released initially if studios weren't so scared of "long" runtimes now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Im not sure what movie you’re referencing there...

Is it a spin-off for the Black Knight character in Monty Python?

No, it's a sequel to the Martin Lawrence "comedy classic" Black Knight. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Has anybody watched Greta? I'm curious about it.

It seems word of mouth is awful, according to Deadline ( shackled by a 58% Rotten Tomatoes score and awful audience exits, which include 2 stars on PostTrak and a 34% definite recommend)

Baumer liked it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Has anybody watched Greta? I'm curious about it

Most people I spoke to say that the movie would have been another generic thriller from the 90s if it weren't for Huppert who basically makes the film a lot better. Would be worth watching just for her performance.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

If a biopic on MJ is made what do you think about its BO? 1B is possible i think

A Mary Jane biopic would probably make 600 to Amazing Spider-Man numbers, maybe? :ph34r:

In seriousness, yes, a well made Michael Jackson film would have 1B potential, if Bohemian Rhapsody can approach 900M (might still cross it, depending on how it does in China).

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 1

i think MJ's a little too controversial for his movie to have the same kinda broad appeal as a freddie mercury biopic. like do you address the trials?? even if it's a movie just about him in the 80s that's gonna be hanging over it. even his young life was fucked up and kinda a bummer.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think MJ's a little too controversial for his movie to have the same kinda broad appeal as a freddie mercury biopic. like do you address the trials?? even if it's a movie just about him in the 80s that's gonna be hanging over it. even his young life was fucked up and kinda a bummer.

They will end it with the Superbowl halftime performance and only concentrate on the making of Thriller and Bad. That way casting issues will be avoided since he will be black throughout without the skin pigmentation issues and no need to go into the childhood beyond broad strokes and ends before the late in life issues crop up while covering all of the best known MJ songs. 

That's the kind of focus which will be needed for the pic to be made without touching on anything controversial I think

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the movie will become  a courtroom drama with him being found innocent the end of the movie

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They will end it with the Superbowl halftime performance and only concentrate on the making of Thriller and Bad. That way casting issues will be avoided since he will be black throughout without the skin pigmentation issues and no need to go into the childhood beyond broad strokes and ends before the late in life issues crop up while covering all of the best known MJ songs. 

That's the kind of focus which will be needed for the pic to be made without touching on anything controversial I think

My thought has well, concentrate over a big moment/performance with just a little bit of the rest.

• ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Still, even if the film doesn't show some of the shadier stuff of Jackson's life, there's going to be a lot of uproar about the omissions or his history being whitewashed. That HBO documentary is already super polarizing. The idea of a movie not even acknowledging that stuff could lead to endless controversy, way more than whether or not BR is biphobic or not.

The Jackson estate has been trying to block that documentary from being seen at all (it airs on HBO tomorrow). That shows you how likely we are to see a biopic about him, even a very sanitized one that tries to ignore his various controversies.

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Jackson estate has been trying to block that documentary from being seen at all (it airs on HBO tomorrow). That shows you how likely we are to see a biopic about him, even a very sanitized one that tries to ignore his various controversies.

Will be quite impossible to block a biopic like they could not bloc this documentary to play, but yes one that use it's music and make money would be under complete control.

• ...wtf 1