charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread (3/1/2019 - 3/3/2019) - Weekend Estimates - Page 19.

28 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm clearly not answering the right question anymore but from what I can see, the highest grossing film of the calendar year (i.e including holdovers from the prior year) has never come from a single opening weekend as late as March. Extremely niche record but hey.

This is assuming Captain Marvel passes Aquaman's current 2019 calendar gross (which is ~134m as of today) in it's opening weekend, which isn't necessarily guaranteed. Really puts into perspective how absolutely shite the box office has been for the last couple of months.

Holdovers don't count.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I figured.

I can't find what your other one is though :lol:

Actually, upon rechecking it, It looks like I was wrong.

I had it as Revenge of the Sith, which after its OW (4 days, so asterisk away) was ahead of Robots. But I missed Hitch, which wasn't being tracked at that point.

So, as best I can tell, Alice in Wonderland is the current victor. Captain Marvel will happily take that crown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Wow disgusting drop for Dragon. Can’t even look 

1 hour ago, LexJoker said:

FFS Bad drop for HTTYD3. Avoiding this thread to spare me more pain.

rm8.gif

It's not that bad. 

If it is $6.3m that means it still went up +208% which is pretty much normal? If it increases +100% on Sat and -30% on Sun you get $27.72 and a -49.6% drop, which while isn't superb, is what you'd probably expect with it being a sequel. 

I can't say if it should've done better during the week because I've stopped following daily, so not sure if it was below/above average for the modern BO market. 

If it really has good WOM it could have a bigger increase on Sat perhaps, but as is likely these days, normally Friday drops to some lousier number. 

10 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Incredibles 2, an animated family sequel got a 56% 2nd weekend drop, did that also have bad WoM?

One opened to $180m and went against a near $150m opener in its second week, the other did... not.

• Like 2

I know what is happening to the box office. The effect can be seen since 12th November, 2018.

Spoiler

ALL FAMILYS WORLDWIDE ARE SAVING THEIR MONEY FOR PIKA-PIKA

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I know what is happening to the box office. The effect can be seen since 12th November, 2018.

Reveal hidden contents

That actually makes hunch predictions right. :jeb!:

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Well ... thanks. Now i know it.

9 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Much more better to not know it. Believe me.

You were right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1