charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread (3/1/2019 - 3/3/2019) - Weekend Estimates - Page 19.

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Bohemian Rhapsody climbing the chart this weekend, rocking past Venom and Solo. Hopefully WB leaves A Star Is Born in theaters another week so it can pass Solo and embarrass Lucasfilm even more.

Anything that can pass Solo, will pass Solo.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

Off-Topic: Is SOLO a good watch if you're not a Star Wars fan? The premise, the trailers, the lead guy playing Han Solo, nothing really caught my interest. The reviews and BO was also just kind of meh. Wanted to know if it would be worth my time?

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Saturday Estimates

1. How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: $14.25mn
  2. Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral: $11.2mn
  3. Alita: Battle Angel: $3.25mn
  4. LEGO 2: $3.25mn
  5. Green Book: $2.2mn
  6. Isn't it Romantic: $2.2mn
  7. FWMF: $2.15mn
  8. Greta: $1.8mn
  9. WMW: $1.25mn
  10. HDD2U: $1.18mn
  11. Spider Verse: $1.05mn
  12. The Upside: $0.99mn

Misc

A Star is Born: $0.85mn

MET Opera: $1.08mn

All numbers are par the morning estimates, with slight +/- $0-200k to two or three films.

Dragons $30mn. Here we come.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 3

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Saturday Estimates

1. How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: $14.25mn
  2. Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral: $11.4mn
  3. Alita: Battle Angel: $3.4mn
  4. LEGO 2: $3.4mn
  5. Green Book: $2.2mn
  6. Isn't it Romantic: $2.2mn
  7. FWMF: $2.2mn
  8. Greta: $1.8mn
  9. WMW: $1.35mn
  10. HDD2U: $1.25mn
  11. Spider Verse: $1.1mn
  12. The Upside: $1.05mn

Misc

A Star is Born: $0.9mn

MET Opera: $1.05mn

Is $30m for Dragon 3 possible? Would be an insane recovery from that awful Friday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LexJoker said:

Off-Topic: Is SOLO a good watch if you're not a Star Wars fan? The premise, the trailers, the lead guy playing Han Solo, nothing really caught my interest. The reviews and BO was also just kind of meh. Wanted to know if it would be worth my time?

Its a solid movie for Star Wars Fans. As a neutral watcher, you'd probably find many things overblown, unnecessary and boring i could imagine. Best performance is Donald Glover as Lando, but hes also just essentially imitating another performance. So i would always say give it a try, its a well-made movie with some nice action scenes, but it wont make you a Star Wars Fan imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

All numbers are par the morning estimates, with slight +/- $0-200k to two or three films.

Dragons $30mn. Here we come.

I guess never underestimate the power of Saturday matinees for animated movies.

• Like 1

GudDAYUM, that's a huuuuuge Saturday jump. I guess people aren't assed to see movies on Fridays anymore :ph34r: Although HTTYD3 is a family film, so I guess people wanted to wait until their kids were out from school.

Alita is also headed for dat 40-to-sub-40% drop, looking good for around 85-90M DOM.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, efialtes76 said:

Lego, Lego Batman and Petter Rabbit increased 215%+ on Friday, 120%-135% on Saturday, and dropped less than 35% on Sunday. 

Even with $6M on Friday. 

Saturday-$13. 2M(+120%) 

Sunday-$8.8M(-33%) 

$28M for HTTYD3. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Its a solid movie for Star Wars Fans. As a neutral watcher, you'd probably find many things overblown, unnecessary and boring i could imagine. Best performance is Donald Glover as Lando, but hes also just essentially imitating another performance. So i would always say give it a try, its a well-made movie with some nice action scenes, but it wont make you a Star Wars Fan imo. 

Thanks for the reply. Think I'll keep this in the queue a little while longer.

Alita and Captain Marvel would probably make for a great double-feature. Is that a possibility? I know they are from 2 different studios, but Fox is essentially Disney now, so maybe it could happen?

Just now, a2k said:

^^^ 2.5-3x more gives Dragon3 97.7 + 75.1-90.2 = 173-188

The 2nd one grossed 177M and 194M adjusted for inflation. Essentially matching the gross from the 2nd would be very good for a threequel.

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Alita and Captain Marvel would probably make for a great double-feature. Is that a possibility? I know they are from 2 different studios, but Fox is essentially Disney now, so maybe it could happen?

That would be cool, though a lot of people on YouTube would hate the idea...