sfran43

Tuesday Numbers: US $8.03M

The 3 big Disney superhero movies from 2018 will clock in at over 1.5B profit estimate from Deadline, not too far from the estimated profit from 4-10 combined. 

Unless BR beats I2. I could see that.

Edited by Thanos Legion

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

1) Infinity war

2) Black Panther 

3)Incredibles 2

4) Bohemian Rhapsody 

5) Aquaman 

6)????  Mission Impossible can't be more profitable than Deadpool because of high China gross and And high budget. Who will be 6th any guess. 

My Guess is Venom. 

Venom is not eligible. Please read before being obtuse with your posts. Films had to gross at least 215m to play in the sandbox. Venom will show up on the other lists. 

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

1) Infinity war

2) Black Panther 

3)Incredibles 2

4) Bohemian Rhapsody 

5) Aquaman 

6)????  Mission Impossible can't be more profitable than Deadpool because of high China gross and And high budget. Who will be 6th any guess. 

My Guess is Venom. 

Venom probably wont be there as it doesnt qualify the deadline rule that the top 10 has a cut off of 215m domestic (Venom is at 213m domestic). So its gonna be MI6 likely as AM2 gross is too low. 

Venom will be in another list that Deadline will put out for “smaller” movies

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

F8 was a sequel to $1.5B but partially the reason it made that was because Paul Walker passed away.  Come on now. 

But it did make $1.5B and JW even more. How hard it is to understand that a film like Bohemian Rhapsody will be more positivily talked about than them due to different expectations. Or Aquaman, Wonder Woman, It, MI, Get Out and Captain Marvel. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brinatico said:

I have to say after all the super high from this forum I saw CM.

Really this piece of trash is what they call a great movie. 

If you want to see a really SHM, go and check Shazam!

In a sea of "mediocre" and "it's ok" and even "good," you are the first person I see here calling CM trash. 

I have a suspicion that CM will be one of those CBMs whose first sequel will significantly increase in quality, like Ragnarok, and Spider-Man 2 (although Spider-Man 1 is already a very good film).

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the budget was 150-160 around doc strange idk where 200 came from

From "a person with knowledge of the matter" who asked not to be identified.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-08/-ant-man-swarms-theaters-with-76-million-take-for-walt-disney

Deadline "source" told them it was $162M net:

https://deadline.com/2018/07/ant-man-and-the-wasp-opening-box-office-overperform-marvel-1202422128/

Being a Georgia Disney production, we will never know.

14 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

In a sea of "mediocre" and "it's ok" and even "good," you are the first person I see here calling CM trash. 

I have a suspicion that CM will be one of those CBMs whose first sequel will significantly increase in quality, like Ragnarok, and Spider-Man 2 (although Spider-Man 1 is already a very good film).

A lot of CM’s issues stem from prequel+amnesia imo.

Last time they made a prequel origin movie about a captain which led directly into their hugest movie yet, the Modern day sequel picking up after the events of that Avengers movie absolutely slayed it qualitywise. Hopefully history repeats.

Edited by Thanos Legion

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

A lot of CM’s issues stem from prequel+amnesia imo.

Last time they made a prequel origin movie about a captain which led directly into their hugest movie yet, the Modern day sequel picking up after the events of that Avengers movie absolutely slayed it qualitywise. Hopefully history repeats.

I hope that too. 

Many things interest me about Endgame, but knowing how Carol is portrayed there is among the top ones.

36 minutes ago, Premium George said:

But it did make $1.5B and JW even more. How hard it is to understand that a film like Bohemian Rhapsody will be more positivily talked about than them due to different expectations. Or Aquaman, Wonder Woman, It, MI, Get Out and Captain Marvel. 

The whole reason this is a discussion is because people in here were saying CM isn't being talked up enough :lol:

Go try your shtick on someone else. 

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

The whole reason this is a discussion is because people in here were saying CM isn't being talked up enough :lol:

Go try your shtick on someone else. 

The point was it's run was called meh not what you are saying. This whole thread has replied you with same point but you are ignoring them. You love to play victim of unfair treatment. When people point about your illogical comments, you go all whataboutism. You have still not answered, why CM should be different from other movies?

Just now, Premium George said:

The point was it's run was called meh not what you are saying. This whole thread has replied you with same point but you are ignoring them. You love to play victim of unfair treatment. When people point about your illogical comments, you go all whataboutism. You have still not answered, why CM should be different from other movies?

I already said that CM is having a good or even great run.  The problem is for some people,  some stans if you will,  that is not enough.  You want everyone to say it's a mind blowing run and we should all praise the lord that we witnessed such a feat..  yet there are movies that just had similar runs and people were downplaying their success.  

I don't just care about Marvel or about DC or Fast or any one franchise. I want movies to be discussed without bias. There's too much fanboyism going on here lately.  Apparently you are a member to that party because you keep implying that I'm some sort of DC stan, why? because I want people to treat Aquaman's run in equal terms?  I have nothing to gain from one studio or another. I'm over comic book fanboys. It makes this forum very difficult to read.  

55 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the budget was 150-160 around doc strange idk where 200 came from

Either way, Venom made much more on a 100 budget. Not trying to downplay Ant-Man, I just didn't bother looking up its exact budget because I already know Venom's was lower. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Sorry I don't think the "intelligent" thing to do is play around with numbers that aren't in front of us. We can play around with the box office numbers because that is reported to us.  I can't play around with a number that might be $155M but might also be $200M but because of tax breaks might be less and so and so on. 

If you want to have that discussion that's fine,  that's not a conversation I want to have unless I have the data in front of me. Good day. 

Then get off this forum, because you literally know nothing.

You are genuinely arguing that a $5 million R rated original Horror film doing $100 million domestically would be no more impressive than a $250 million tentpole bombing and doing $100 million domestically.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1

can we stop this its become ridiculous at this point  this a box office thread lets conctrate in that, the comic book genre is stronger than evee and captain marvel run is very good and shazam will continue the work stop this shit all of you so much for maturity as some of you have said

Edited by john2000
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I already said that CM is having a good or even great run.  The problem is for some people,  some stans if you will,  that is not enough.  You want everyone to say it's a mind blowing run and we should all praise the lord that we witnessed such a feat..  yet there are movies that just had similar runs and people were downplaying their success.  

I don't just care about Marvel or about DC or Fast or any one franchise. I want movies to be discussed without bias. There's too much fanboyism going on here lately.  Apparently you are a member to that party because you keep implying that I'm some sort of DC stan, why? because I want people to treat Aquaman's run in equal terms?  I have nothing to gain from one studio or another. I'm over comic book fanboys. It makes this forum very difficult to read.  

But you are telling lies. You have taken few comments about aquaman and made it like people were not hyped about it's performance. Majority of posters here loved AM performance and  actually had better reception than CM. 

You keep saying AM was unfairly treated when that's not the truth at all. I can also select comments from briantico and say that CM was called less than average performance by BoT. But that's not the truth.

Treating AM, CM, and other movies in my previous comment, box office same as F8 and JW2 is biased. They are more impressive then them. A horror movie or drama or musical doing $700m, is more impressive than marvel/dc cbm doing $1B. A non sequel doing $1.1B is more impressive than a sequel of $1.5 B doing $1.3 B. You treating them same is biased.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

can we stop this its become ridiculous at this point  this a box office thread lets conctrate in that, the comic book genre is stronger than evee and captain marvel run is very good and shazam will continue the work stop this shit all of you so much for maturity as some of you have said

Are you sure you're not a super secret stealth mod?:)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Then get off this forum, because you literally know nothing.

You are genuinely arguing that a $5 million R rated original Horror film doing $100 million domestically would be no more impressive than a $250 million tentpole bombing and doing $100 million domestically.

Is that what I'm arguing?  Then you are either not paying attention or English isn't your first language.  Please tell me English isn't your first language,  I'll be more sympathetic to that.   This is the most ridiculous post I've read all day.  You know nothing about the final production costs of any of these movies yet you are posting as if it's fact.  It's not.  Anything cited is a guesstimate. 😉