CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Between Rowling and the Depp fans outraged a lot of wind has been taken out of the sails for Harry Potter.

More important is that the first two films were not very good.  I think many  people were wiling to give the second one a chance, but when it proved to be not any better then the first, they wrote the franchise off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

More important is that the first two films were not very good.  I think many  people were wiling to give the second one a chance, but when it proved to be not any better then the first, they wrote the franchise off.

Getting David Yates back was their first big mistake. It's a new franchise, take a risk and go with someone who has a fresh vision. The world is so expansive, but they make it feel so narrow.

Good thing is the Harry Potter IP is strong enough to survive this. You could easily get viewers back with another pitch that works. Maybe the Marauders?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, 2 bad films to kick off your franchise is asking for cancelation. No cultural impact from either. 

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

The fisrt movie is good.

Yeah it's weird how I've seen some people act like the first movie wasn't a success. Most people thought it was alright to good, a movie doesn't make over 800 mil unless most people enjoyed it. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

Getting David Yates back was their first big mistake. It's a new franchise, take a risk and go with someone who has a fresh vision. The world is so expansive, but they make it feel so narrow.

I'll give credit where its due; he came on to direct the last four movies and managed to finish off the  OG series in a satisfying manner, not an easy thing to do. The issue with him now is that he hasn't really evolved since he got involved with Potter, he doesn't really seem interested in taking risks or changing things up.

At this point I just want a director who's never been involved with HP to come in and give their own perspective and make a cool fantasy movie/tv show. The brand desperately needs new writers/creatives in the mix.

Edited by Gazer365
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, clockwork said:

Yeah it's weird how I've seen some people act like the first movie wasn't a success. Most people thought it was alright to good, a movie doesn't make over 800 mil unless most people enjoyed it. 

If the third movie is really the best and improves everything, people will forget that the second was bad lol

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Huge fan of the Harry Potter series and have zero interest in Fantastic Beasts 3. The previous movie was an incoherent, instantly forgettable snoozefest. 

You'd like this, I hope.

fantasticbeasts3-fatherstu775x970-copy-4

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-fantastic-beasts-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-and-father-stu/

OPENING WEEK-END : 40 ~ 55M$

TOTAL US : 100 ~ 140M$

A start between 40 and 55M$ for a total between 100 & 140M$ according to the first estimates of this site. Rather fair, only word of mouth can make the film get good legs up to 150 see beyond.

$500M+ worldwide secures fourth film; In Europe & Japan, the film certainly still has a powerful strike force. I wonder if the publication of the last trailer of Hogwarts Legacy (in trend since last night) can give a boost to the film.

Edited by Jak Ryan Drake Campbell
  • Like 5

On 18/03/2022 at 02:24, ViewerAnon said:

Masquer le contenu

Non, ce n'est pas nouveau. C'est Tina qui regarde les résultats de l'élection de l'ICW. Elle n'a pas de lignes dans la scène et WB ne lui a montré que deux scènes dans le film, moins les apparitions de photos (à moins qu'elles n'aient réellement ajouté quelque chose dont je ne suis pas au courant).

Do you plan to see FB3?

3 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

They're on sale now in the UK at least, it's doing pathetically bad at my local right now

I don't expect presales to be anything to write home about or a barometer until the final week. 

On 3/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, dudalb said:

First movie was entertaining enough but the 2nd was poorly recieved so a drop seems inevitable even if this does turn out to be good

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:24 AM, snarkmachine said:

Good thing is the Harry Potter IP is strong enough to survive this. You could easily get viewers back with another pitch that works. Maybe the Marauders?

The Order of the Phoenix vs Lord Voldemort’s rise and fall to power would be awesome! 

Or do something with the next generation of Hogwarts students, with the originals in retuning roles. 

As a Slytherin, I’m hoping for something relating to the best Hogwarts house as well, even settle for an HBO show ;)

edit: I predict it’ll make more than GoGW but less than FB, so around the 700M range, powered by international audiences 

Edited by El Gato