cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

9 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

The way things are going even 200 is too much to ask.

And I find it supiscious that the figures we were hearing for the budget were 150 Million until it began to look like the film would underperform and then mysteriously went down to 100 million. Yeah, I suspect WB of lowballing the figures for PR purposes.

The reviews are OK, but you  needed much better then OK to spark interest in this.

How has Rotten Tomatoes not yet fixed their site when review embargoes just? Takes forever to see a current score and half the time it resets to zero reviews. You would think after a decade plus of being the most visited review website, that would be something they would take care of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And I find it supiscious that the figures we were hearing for the budget were 150 Million until it began to look like the film would underperform and then mysteriously went down to 100 million. Yeah, I suspect WB of lowballing the figures for PR purposes.

The reviews are OK, but you  needed much better then OK to spark interest in this.

id never call a yellow score on MC ok, less so when its 10 points away from green

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

6 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

This will probably end up close to the fresh/rotten border which is about what I expected tbh. Won't be enough to save this movie's doomed box office. I guess something in March needed to disappoint (If you don't count 65 lol). This is opening in over 4000 theatres right? What's the record for lowest opening over 4000 theatres? 

Apparently Nut Job 2 at 8.9M followed by Lyle Lyle Crocodyle at 11.4M, then Strange World at 12M and then Puss. Actually kind of crazy to think that 3 out of 4 are from last year lol.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

meh, no surprises here considering how mediocre the trailers were together with how backhanded the compliments from scoopers were

after loving the first one (very rare for me and a superhero movie) I was really looking forward to this, doubly so if it was going to be a mr mind movie

We’ll find out the final budget before the weekend. I haven’t seen the film yet, but even from the trailer it’s madness to think that Quantumania cost double, yet looks as ropey as it does. 

This is a funny review line lol. Robbie is on fire this year after the Cocaine Bear review. 

Edited by Krissykins

Just now, Lucas said:

shazam.png

I have no idea if this is the latest update or if Rottentomatoes is fucking up again and showing an early score, but it just appeared on the front page.

It's been flickering between 70%, 73% and 83% for some time now.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

shazam.png

I have no idea if this is the latest update or if Rottentomatoes is fucking up again and showing an early score, but it just appeared on the front page.

If I'm not wrong, the scores on the front page are based on the firsts reviews (like 10 or a little more). I think the 70%+ is more accurate.

It always takes ages to update here. I don't know why.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

shazam.png

How have they not fixed this after a decade? They have seen enough movies release embargoes to maybe build a stable site? But apparently not.

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

We’ll find out the final budget before the weekend. I haven’t seen the film yet, but even from the trailer it’s madness to think that Quantumania cost double, yet looks as ropey as it does. 

This is a funny review line lol. Robbie is on fire this year after the Cocaine Bear review. 

The critic seems to have it in a bit for CBM's and that needs to be taken into account..but....

Spoiler

My god, that plot sounds innane.maybe they should have stuck with The League Of Evil Monsters as was set up in 'Shazam's post credit sequence. I will still go see it because of Gadot as Wondy, but my expectations are lowered.

Just now, grim22 said:

How have they not fixed this after a decade? They have seen enough movies release embargoes to maybe build a stable site? But apparently not.

I have no idea how this is still a major issue with every single embargo drop. I feel like I even have some distant memory of a time when it wasn't this bad, but these days that feels like fantasy.

The only actual update I can gather just came up on the movie's page, 40 reviews now compared to the 27 earlier.

71.png

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I have no idea how this is still a major issue with every single embargo drop. I feel like I even have some distant memory of a time when it wasn't this bad, but these days that feels like fantasy.

I remember a time when it wasn't like this as well.