cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

On 1/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, WittyUsername said:

It’s weird that even though DC is supposedly trying to make a cohesive universe again, their directors don’t even seem to be in the loop on what’s going on with the other movies. 

I noticied that too.

Feige probably spent a lot of time making sure all the Marvel directors and writers were pretty on the same page;DC seems not to have quite managed to do that yet.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

This had a test screening last night. 

I wonder if they’ll move this up. 

I don't think it has to do with this. Maybe it's just to see if they need to do reshoots because of the kids.

The calendar this year and next year is busy. They should move Flash to October, Batgirl in December, Aquaman/Shazam in March and Shazam/Aquaman in June.

1 minute ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Still gonna be like Matrix where it loses all its PLFs. This is just so stupid.

If they were gonna move this to Aquaman’s spot, they could’ve just had it and Aquaman swap release dates. This comes across as needlessly convoluted. 

At Least move it to december 25 if you really want december legs, I really want this movie to do well but this isn't a big movie and it'll get crushed "conversation-wise" by Avatar 2 and also by Marios memory

Im still holding on to the hope that Mario will move, probably to november 23 or december 2

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

There's an ok spot two weeks before Avatar. Right now it's not only releasing on the same day as Avatar but also a week before Mario.

Hollywood does not release movies the week after Thanksgiving and 2 weeks before Christmas. Its due to the screen agreements. If released 2 weeks before Christmas, theaters can remove the movie from all their screens if needed during Christmas since screen agreements are only valid for 2 weeks (minus IMAX agreements of course).

That is the reason the Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas stretch is the most barren one on the calendar.

22 minutes ago, exomassey said:

This could be great for Shazam though.

Look at what the likes of Jumanji, Aquaman and others have done even against big competition.

Shazam 2 break out? I’d say so. It’s the only alternative to Avatar.

I actually think Shazam 2 will be less impacted by Avatar as Aquaman would’ve been. 

Shazam could be good counter programming and play well over the holidays. 

• Like 3

Shazam vs. Endgame and now Shazam 2 vs. Avatar 2 (on the same day)

Damn why does Warner hate this franchise, hopefully it still does well though the first film was such a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 5