cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I actually think Shazam 2 will be less impacted by Avatar as Aquaman would’ve been. 

Shazam could be good counter programming and play well over the holidays. 

Exactly.

It should do really well and outgross the 1st Shazam by a large margin I think.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

This is a smart move because a mid-sized hit like this can absolutely co-exist alongside Avatar/Mario, but a bigger release like Aquaman would have had its ceiling chopped off.

Yup. It is weird that a lot of people online are not getting this. Aquaman had a much higher box office potential here, but would be hurt whereas Shazam 2 can perform to pretty much best case scenario with a solid 18 day holiday run.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

At Least move it to december 25 if you really want december legs, I really want this movie to do well but this isn't a big movie and it'll get crushed "conversation-wise" by Avatar 2 and also by Marios memory

Im still holding on to the hope that Mario will move, probably to november 23 or december 2

Shazam 2 will be fine. Yes opening against Avatar 2 isn’t good but should even put with Christmas legs. Besides Mario isn’t that much of a threat either, I doubt any animation this year will go over Sing 2 domestically.

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

Big disagree

I mean Lightyear is almost all but certain going to the plus. Minions 2, Mario and SpiderVerse 2 could challenge it but even then I think Minions 2 will be hurt a lot by Thor a week later. Mario while I think has an extremely high ceiling and is the most likely, no video game movie has done over 140m domestically. SpiderVerse is also a wildcard,

The first Shazam was a great movie, one of DCEU's best to be honest but the BO was terrible for such quality.

It was meant to be a Christmas movie (movie setting was all abt Christmas) but ended up before Endgame. 2nd movie finally getting a rightful Christmas release date