cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Is this the Avatar thread now? Why do we need to have debates about that movie’s box office accomplishments here? 

Don't look at me; I took my response over to the Avatar 2 thread where it belongs. 👍

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Shazam did 140m so 150 seems good? That's where I peg it. Bumblebee did 127 against Aquaman. Maybe a Shazam bump if Black Adam hits hard. 

Ticket prices are up about 15% since Shazam released. By the end of this year, probably 20%. 

$150M from $140M with +20% ticket prices and the holidays, would quite frankly suck. 

21 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

You never know. Maybe Avatar2 gets destroyed by critics and audience. Shazam takes advantage of that and gets a 80+ OW on its way to 1B+ WW

Something similar happened with The Last Jedi and Jumanji I believe.

Edited by poweranimals

7 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Why not switch Creed 3 and Shazam2?  Shazam gets 2 weeks after BP2 and 3 weeks before A2 and Creed can work as counter programming to Puss in Boots movie

Creed is not a WB release and production. It's an MGM release. WB don't control the release date, I'm not even sure they are distributing it overseas either after the Amazon merger.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, YourCake said:

The problem with TLJ vs. Jumanji was TLJ absolutely pissed off SW fans, which killed off its box office multiplier. I don't think Cameron would fail. Shazamily deserves better treatment from WB

also avatar has no fanbase so it's gonna be leggy

On 4/28/2022 at 6:51 PM, YourCake said:

The problem with TLJ vs. Jumanji was TLJ absolutely pissed off SW fans, which killed off its box office multiplier. I don't think Cameron would fail. 

Of course he won't. He made sure audiences don't care strongly about any of the Avatar characters to the point of getting pissed off over any development.

Stop Sending Reaction GIFs of Black People If You're Not Black | OneZero

On 4/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, YourCake said:

The problem with TLJ vs. Jumanji was TLJ absolutely pissed off SW fans, which killed off its box office multiplier. I don't think Cameron would fail. Shazamily deserves better treatment from WB

That's a very good point. The one advantage Shazam might have though is being more of a fun family movie. Having that come out right before Christmas should definitely draw the family audience in while I suspect Avatar will be another 3 hour movie might turn families off. That being said, there's still a lot of overlap in audiences so this is risky.

Edited by poweranimals