sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Going very pessimistic:   

7.6M weekend (397.5M)  

4M weekdays (401.5)  

6.5M weekend (408)  

5M next 7 days (413)   

5M rest of run (418)    

Correspondingly optimistic would be over 430.

Haha I didn't calculate and was going to spit out 417 as worst case guess. Yeah I think more realistic but not aggressive is like 421-425.

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Depends on how bad everything gets cut down showtime-wise. I imagine theaters everywhere are gonna give Endgame more than half their auditoriums, and stuff that isn't selling will likely have shows cancelled to make way for screens.

Still, I think theaters will at least have a few showtimes for non-Endgame movies playing throughout the day.

The average 12-screen theater will probably have something like this:

Avengers x6

La Llorona

Breakthrough

Little

Shazam

Dumbo

Captain Marvel

44 minutes ago, TMP said:

Really curious to see the critical reception to Endgame. It sounds like a huge crowd-pleaser, but the 3 hour run-time could turn some critics off. We'llsee

Nah, critics see 3 hour movies all the time, this won't affect in any way. 

Considering EndGame is essentially a part 2 of the history they started on IW and the grand finale of this MCU saga, i'll be surprised with anything below 87-90% [and yeah i know Russos said this is a completely different movie in tone etc and i really believe that, but no matter what they say, it's still a single story told in 2 movies].

See, historically the franchises with the last movie split in half get better reviews for the second part:

Breaking Down I [25%] vs. Breaking Down II [49%]

Mockingjay I [68%] vs. Mockingjay II [71%]

Deathly Hallows I [77%] vs. Deathly Hallows II [96%]

• Thanks 1

Captain Marvel coming for $ 425 - 430M finish.

Amazing how it will surpass CW / IM3 by around $ 20M even having a $ 20 - 25M lower debut than those movies.

It's obviously being helped by EndGame buzz but let's give CM the credit because it's having good / great drops for the entire run, the movie simply pleased audiences. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Isn’t that just the same as Infinity War?

Wouldn't this have same problem as that? Less characters than that, so, could have less places to follow but other problems still remain. Only for handful of critics, 85-90 is my range.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

La Llorona is... watchable I guess? I can't believe this Chaves guy is doing The Conjuring 3. What the hell, this dude is a hack.

This franchise is so fucked. Annabelle 3 looks like shit too.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I am ready for everything to go over 70% drops next weekend. Stuff like Hellboy and La Llorona are going over 80% drop.

Shazam!, Breakthrough, and Captain Marvel will be the only things that drop under 50%. Showtimes won't be getting slashed on the first two, and CM is experiencing the Endgame glow even better than BP did with IW.