Eric Lasagna

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

7 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Warner Bros. trying yet again to sabotage End Game by moving up the embargo. It's beyond obvious at this point. Sucks for them that their GOT plan failed and hopefully this will as well. 

Ah, not everything revolves around Endgame. Perhaps WB is trying to help Pikachu’s presales and awareness. My understanding is that presales haven’t been great. Nothing WB could do would sabotage Endgame. I think they know that. But they have a company to run. Endgame has been a juggernaut because audiences love the movie. WB needs to make sure that they make movies people love and that they do everything possible to make them successful. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Warner Bros. trying yet again to sabotage End Game by moving up the embargo. It's beyond obvious at this point. Sucks for them that their GOT plan failed and hopefully this will as well. 

Wow. This comment is about as smart as someone saying Paramount was bullying Wonder Woman by releasing Transformers 5 in June.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why an 85% jump when AIW did 102.9%  (which was already greatly down from Avengers 135.8%)

Entirely possible it could match or surpass IW’s jump. Just accounting for there being more spillover for EG.

Edited by FlashMaster659

33 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

My forecast (kinda conservative I guess?)

34.1 (-7%)

24.6 (-28%)

22.3 (-9.5%)

41.3 (+85%)

59.9 (+45%)

44.9 (-25%)

146.1 2nd weekend

LOL.  I was just making a forecast that goes a lot like this...

1st Weekend: 357.12  

Mon 36.7  
  Tue 34.1 (-7%)
  Wed 24.6 (-28%)
  Thu 23.3 (-5%)

Total Weekdays: 118.8  

Fri 42.02 (+80%)
    60.93 (+45%)
    47.53 (-22%)

2nd Weekend: 150.5 (-58%)

Total after 2nd WE: 626.35  

29 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I have to say: Elle Fanning is a really good & underrated young actress.

I really liked her in certain films like Super 8 & the original version of Ballerina (Leap).

Exactly. Her performance in Super 8 is just absolutely stunning. And of course in my opinion she's incredible in neon demon.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Entirely possible it could match or surpass IW’s jump. Just accounting for there being more spillover for EG.

BP jumped 102% as well and 65% Saturday despite a massive opening. End Game reception has beaten every marvel film except maybe BP. Hard to see that happening but agreed it's possible if Thursday is huge 

Edited by cdsacken

Also remember not to freak out if Endgame doesn’t increase today.

Cheap Tuesday is notorious for not being beneficial to large openers on their first week, as theaters were likely to be just as full without discount.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

BP jumped 102% as well and 65% Saturday despite a massive opening. End Game reception has beaten every marvel film except maybe BP. Hard to see that happening but agreed it's possible if Thursday is huge 

My brain is having a hard time believing it can jump that high after so many people watched it on opening weekend.  If I use those jumps the second weekend total is 185.7...a 48% drop.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Sue Denim said:

My brain is having a hard time believing it can jump that high after so many people watched it on opening weekend.  If I use those jumps the second weekend total is 185.7...a 48% drop.

I guessed a range of 150-180 but if Thursday somehow stayed at 26 or higher (it won't) and it did BP numbers including the 25.7% Sunday drop it reaches......

203 million! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Also remember not to freak out if Endgame doesn’t increase today.

Cheap Tuesday is notorious for not being beneficial to large openers on their first week, as theaters were likely to be just as full without discount.

I'm Mr freak out and I'm expecting a $4-5 million drop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Ah, not everything revolves around Endgame. Perhaps WB is trying to help Pikachu’s presales and awareness. My understanding is that presales haven’t been great. Nothing WB could do would sabotage Endgame. I think they know that. But they have a company to run. Endgame has been a juggernaut because audiences love the movie. WB needs to make sure that they make movies people love and that they do everything possible to make them successful. 

Did you like End Game?

I'm a bit obsessed. I always say why see a movie twice? Now I'm trying to figure out exactly how many times I can see this in theater 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I guessed a range of 150-180 but if Thursday somehow stayed at 26 or higher (it won't) and it did BP numbers including the 25.7% Sunday drop it reaches......

203 million! 

That would be incredible!!  

If I project the "Disney estimated" 35% Sunday drop I can get my number down to 175.5.  That would be a more "reasonable" 51% drop from last weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, Sue Denim said:

That would be incredible!!  

If I project the "Disney estimated" 35% Sunday drop I can get my number down to 175.5.  That would be a more "reasonable" 51% drop from last weekend.

Yeah to me I think 51% is definitely more reasonable and frankly still amazing in comparison to Infinity War. Preparing for a 60% drop, hoping for 50%.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah to me I think 51% is definitely more reasonable and frankly still amazing in comparison to Infinity War. Preparing for a 60% drop, hoping for 50%.

I'm still having a hard time believing this movie can make $150 million...in it's second weekend.

Is there a A:EG second weekend bigger than CM opening weekend club??

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

I'm still having a hard time believing this movie can make $150 million...in it's second weekend.

Is there a A:EG second weekend bigger than CM opening weekend club??

Harder than believing it made $357m in it's first w/e?

It could very well have the usual 57-59% MCU drop but calculating the Friday jump to align with the usual drop is I think the backward back of calculating a Friday jump.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Harder than believing it made $357m in it's first w/e?

It could very well have the usual 57-59% MCU drop but calculating the Friday jump to align with the usual drop is I think the backward back of calculating a Friday jump.

Yeah, I still can't believe this weekend.

What about my weekdays?  Do you think these numbers are reasonable or too low?

Mon 36.7  
  Tue 34.1 (-7%)
  Wed 24.6 (-28%)
  Thu 23.3 (-5%)

• Like 1

Mon 36.7  
  Tue 34.1 (-7%)
  Wed 24.6 (-28%)
  Thu 23.3 (-5%)

Seems pretty reasonable

• Thanks 1

Mon 36.7  
  Tue 34.1 (-7%)
  Wed 24.6 (-28%)
  Thu 23.3 (-5%)

weekdays seems good enhough for me , but i would say that sec weekend has 150 million as a floor

• Like 1