Eric the Ape

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

thats estimate or actual ?

Early estimate. Big movies usually gets that and won't change much from the actual. Actuals will be posted in about 5 hours , I think. 

• Like 2

Baumer’s post in the weekend thread made me realize I am really such a B.O. n00b, but it honestly just dawned on me that no movie except for Avatar has grossed over $2b internationally. Goodness.

I doubt that EG can reach $930+ million domestically, but I think it has the power to get to $2 billion. Good gravy, I hope it can. 

• Like 1

For the ones who want to take a peek, for one title or the other they are often enough the first ones to add some of those to their daily chart

green font = estimate, black font is final (means those two are estimates)

I love that they update as they get the numbers and find the time, step-by-step, in opposition to BOM, who update at once. I am out, have to work late, a big party at work tomorrow, tons to prepare 😉

Daily Domestic Chart for Monday April 29, 2019

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (2) The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. $670,000 -72% 3,372 $199   $42,500,045 11
- (5) Shazam! Warner Bros. $330,000 -80% 3,631 $91   $131,543,630 25

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/04/29

10 hours ago, blackspider said:

Been following box offfice since SM1 in ‘02. Been posting in BO forums since ‘05. Nothing and I mean nothing has been more jaw-dropping than this and we’re not even 4 days in yet. What is happening!

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, tawasal said:

I also went AWOL for a while if you remember, Brie Larson brought me back permanently this year. 

Speaking of I am only here for CM's number. Where is it?  

11 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

By BP Sun drop: 754k  

By BP double weekly drop: 713k  

some quick MT maffs: ~680k   

Personal guess: 725k

No. 2 yesterday by stretch? Disney’s Captain Marvel with $718K, -67% from Sunday for a running $414.55M stateside total.

😎

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, BK007 said:

You seem to always overpredict the numbers.

Does knowing that make any difference to your projections? 

Don’t be an asshole. We’re very lucky he gives us usual spot on numbers. He’s probably much better predicting these numbers than you are.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

Looked at my AMC today and all 2D shows are near-sellouts with a few about 60%-70% full. As for the Dolby showings, 3 of the 5 are near-sellouts with the 8:00 AM looking about 60% full and the 12:00 AM about a quarter full. 3D shows appear strong in the late afternoon into the early evening and are sparsely filled at all other times.

1 minute ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Looked at my AMC today and all 2D shows are near-sellouts with a few about 60%-70% full. As for the Dolby showings, 3 of the 5 are near-sellouts with the 8:00 AM looking about 60% full and the 12:00 AM about a quarter full. 3D shows appear strong in the late afternoon into the early evening and are sparsely filled at all other times.

thats for tuesday ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Don’t be an asshole. We’re very lucky he gives us usual spot on numbers. He’s probably much better predicting these numbers than you are.

I agree here. BK007 is just ruining the fun by being such a snob....an unfunny snob with attitude, no less. And it’s the same guy who harshly underpredicted for every new blockbuster from Disney, years to come and failed....yet he never learns. And he will still keep failing and never learn, by desperately assume our tastes are shit compared to his.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to reinforce what we all suspected last night, I knew Rth and Charlie would be closer to the actual number than Deadline. The number looks to be right in Rth’s range and just a little tiny bit outside of Charlie’s. As Biggeek wrote, Deadline can’t even predict the weekend numbers correctly when they have the Friday number, so what can we expect on weekdays? Lol. 

Many kudos and thanks to our Asgardians. 

• Like 4