Nova

Wednesday Numbers | Asgard 1: EndGame 8.4M Wed

1 minute ago, setna said:

Do it, do it, i´ll do stronger when EG miss 850 million.

By the way, i didn´t predict a drop for yestrday, i said +10 or flat, was +16, so i wasn´t too far...

You said it wouldn't sniff 850 so what's your final prediction as of now?

Mine is 890m (870-910 range)

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

just short, but after seeing Captain Marvel's late legs, anything is possible if it can still keep screens in Summer

Sanity returns to the thread. I agree with this completely. Not sure I understand how people are thinking it's late legs will be bad. Spiderman will help. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

This is fun. Pain & Gain was written by M&M (and co-stars Mackie), and 42 stars Boseman. MCU connections all over that weekend. 

• Like 1

People beginning to panic because 900 M$ domestic is not sure...

Really?

That movie has already made way too much money in my opinion

MCU fans are pathetic

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 3

21 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I've been barely posting here, and I respect that you have predicted that when Jatinder and most here honestly didn't see it. So while agree about respecting the analysis of those that have experience with box office like yourself, I'm not sure if $900m is off the table, neither beating TFA's domestic record unadjusted.

Yes, you are correct: most of the audience was already served on that insane weekend and second weekend. But I'm siding with bo pro here and banking on Endgame stabilizing next weekdays forward.

Direct competition will be brutal, but just like TFA was helped by the holiday season at the start of its run, I expect the same to happen with Endgame when the Summer vacations kick in. We are in pretty rarified air here, once it's sealed that this is this has topped Avatar and it's marketed as such, I expect some ungodly legs, even with all the competition it definitely has.

Yes, you predicted something that seems now quite likely, but I wouldn't discard Endgame pulling out one last surprise.

Your eternal optimism is nice, but unfortunately, the numbers aren't giving any indication of this happening.

Endgame started Monday $81m ahead of TFA, but after just three weekdays, it's only $23m ahead.  Even if EG manages to stay flat today(which it won't), the lead is down to about $9m.

Looking at the weekend, let's be give it the benefit of the doubt and say it drops an even 50%, now Endgame is actually behind TFA by about $7m.  

It totally could recover and fall behind by no more than $35m or so to hang on to the dream of $900m, but we have to see.  Actually making up ground later would require a lot and who knows, maybe it will happen.  I'd say the chances are like 1% though.  

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Your eternal optimism is nice, but unfortunately, the numbers aren't giving any indication of this happening.

Endgame started Monday $81m ahead of TFA, but after just three weekdays, it's only $23m ahead.  Even if EG manages to stay flat today(which it won't), the lead is down to about $9m.

Looking at the weekend, let's be give it the benefit of the doubt and say it drops an even 50%, now Endgame is actually behind TFA by about $7m.  

It totally could recover and fall behind by no more than $35m or so to hang on to the dream of $900m, but we have to see.  Actually making up ground later would require a lot and who knows, maybe it will happen.  I'd say the chances are like 1% though.  

I'd like your post if I could, and I know that with the most optimistic scenario, Endgame will still be down to $7m to TFA after this weekend. With that said, that's the same period of time that TFA was still enjoying the holiday season effect. Things get a lot more interesting now IMHO, especially how EG will behave compared with TFA in the same period of time. If EG manages to follow it closely and Summer day legs kick in, Endgame might pull it off.

Captain Marvel is enjoying some late legs that I didn't expect either, so I'll keep my optimism high, until the numbers tell me otherwise. Yes, it doesn't look good now, but let's see what happens next week heading for the Memorial Weekend.

I wonder if certain people who were acting butt hurt about people calling the Tuesday increase weak will make a comment?

Depending on what DP opens with I wouldn't be surprised with a near 60% drop. I'm predicting a 55% drop but I acknowledge that it could over perform during the weekend for all I know.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's a lock to beat Avatar, domestically and worldwide.

Was there ever a question about AEG not doing more than Avatar in the domestic market? cuz this statements sound like everyone was thinking otherwise while you were always predicting that and is now proven right somehow.