Nova

Wednesday Numbers | Asgard 1: EndGame 8.4M Wed

Just now, Tokugennumataka said:

I think it will be between IW's 3rd and CM's 2nd weekend. Maybe 64M?

that would be as big of a drop as last week, and i see at least a better drop than that

Just now, john2000 said:

that would be as big of a drop as last week, and i see at least a better drop than that

Maybe, but I think last weekend were maybe more people who had not seen it till thn than this weekend, so a harsher drop is a possibility too.

All is possible, incl the unexpected (see e.g. the OW)

• Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Maybe, but I think last weekend were maybe more people who had not seen it till thn than this weekend, so a harsher drop is a possibility too.

All is possible, incl the unexpected (see e.g. the OW)

anyway the movie will probably start stabilize from next week

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

still it will probably be around 790-800 by next weekend i dont see how it makes only  850 after then, even if it continues to have harsher drops than iw, the reaw number will be bigger, iw add 85 after its 4 weekend so endgame should add at least as much , so the floor will be at 875 imo

And IW had Deadpool 2 and solo coming the 2 weeks after, I think endgame is gonna drop better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

And IW had Deadpool 2 and solo coming the 2 weeks after, I think endgame is gonna drop better.

Exactly, Pika in 3rd we + JW3 in 4th we < DP2 in 4th we

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

anyway the movie will probably start stabilize from next week

That's what people said after last weekend's 59% drop. If Pikachu has good WOM and John Wick 3 is able to play well with older audiences, I am not sure that Endgame will stabilise.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

We're getting into the heart of the summer season. Every weekend is going to be direct competition now 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

We're getting into the heart of the summer season. Every weekend is going to be direct competition now 

I think this summer is actually a lot more competitive than the past two years. Last year, we only had 6 big films release in May, June, and July. In 2017, a lot of summer films underperformed (Mummy, Cars 3, Transformers 5, War for the Planet of the Apes). This year, we have six big releases by the first weekend of June this year and only one of those seems like an underperformer (Dark Pheonix).

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

30 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That's what people said after last weekend's 59% drop. If Pikachu has good WOM and John Wick 3 is able to play well with older audiences, I am not sure that Endgame will stabilise.

Plus, Endgame has 3 hours. Managers will prefer to give more shows to shorter movies like Pokemon and A Dog's Journey.

11 minutes ago, Litio said:

Plus, Endgame has 3 hours. Managers will prefer to give more shows to shorter movies like Pokemon and A Dog's Journey.

Errr, that's not how it works.  They will get a priority on AM starts and matinees maybe, but the movie that sells the most tickets will get more start generally speaking.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

The last 2 days are the first truly disappointing numbers of the run. 

Having that big of a drop after the muted Tuesday increase is not good.

I'd expect a bigger drop than IW today with Pika coming out. Heck even without Pika i'd expect a bigger drop as the runtime is going to affect it more on weekdays than IW. Also will likely affect its Sunday holds relative to IW. AE just burned off so much demand in the first 4 days, there is only going to be so much demand to satiate. 

i always believed after its opening 7 days that it would likely have holds a little worse than IW due to burning that demand off, but it might be a little quicker than i had expected.

This number also basically guarantees TFA keeps the fastest to 700M number. 2 days ago I thought it would likely win that record by a couple million over TFA, now it's not a guarantee that TFA won't beat it by a full day. it could be 20M or more behind TFA by Sunday.

Still, hard to see another movie with those first 7 days. That was insane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1