JB33

Monday numbers - 05/13/19 | Actuals: A: EG 4.70, PDP 3.69

Dumbo really should have been the easiest Disney movie to live action

they nailed the dumbo design. Much more than anything I seen from lion king design wise imo but

man they just made the atmosphere to gloomy for kids movie and it was too long 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Disney's annual Memorial Day Weekend sacrifice. What will the gods do though if for some reason an MCU Film is dated there?

The MCU would transcend Disney's Memorial Day curse. Or not. I'd certainly like to see Disney try.

Edited by stealthyfrog
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

The MCU would transcend Disney's Memorial Day curse. Or not. I'd certainly like to see Disney try.

What would happen would be it'll be some small-scale origin film a la Ant-Man 1, and it'll make $600 million WW or so, but the other MCU solos will have a much higher average gross due to increased popularity of the franchise after Endgame, so people on here will declare it a flop just like Age of Floptron and Ant-Man and the Flop

32 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Yeah gonna be fun to follow movie and see the legs it has especially with summer holidays soon and exams 

im kinda looking forward to other movies releases. So detective Pikachu can follow be in shadow and not be emphasized. I can just look at numbers in peace without someone calling it a bomb every 2 secs lmao 

It's not a bomb and at least now we know how we can track the sequel. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Dumbo really should have been the easiest Disney movie to live action

they nailed the dumbo design. Much more than anything I seen from lion king design wise imo but

man they just made the atmosphere to gloomy for kids movie and it was too long 

Indeed. Like really do kids want to understand the trials and tribulations of circus life? It's supposed to be a fun movie and it sucked. Critics were way too nice. Near the bottom of Disney films for me.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

On positive news for Pika Pika it rose from #3 all the way to #1 at Japan Box Office. :)

In admissions, yes. In revenue, Endgame was still #1 last weekend. 

14 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

In admissions, yes. In revenue, Endgame was still #1 last weekend. 

IMAX advantage. Pikachu will be snatching back those IMAX screens this week in japan. 

Edited by Tentatek

4 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

I agree, Dumbo is pretty dull and boring. Where is the energy? No energy at all.

I legitimately do not know how that movie has 170 million dollar budget 

I get the cgi for the elephants but nothing else stands out. Tim burton just fleeced Disney lmao

someone here told me it was the sets, but quite frankly the rest of the movie was so dull and slow i barely noticed the work put into them.

Maybe i mistake the sluggish nature for lack of spectacle, but what i know is that i almost fell asleep.

I hope Lion King turns out alright since that was always my favorite 90s Disney movie.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I get the cgi for the elephants but nothing else stands out. Tim burton just fleeced Disney lmao

They took piles and piles of money, poured gasoline on it and lit a match. Voila! 

18 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Especially if you look at Cinderella, which only cost $95 million in 2015.  The production design for that still ranks as one of the best among the live-action remakes. 

• Like 1

Just now, KP1025 said:

Especially if you look at Cinderella, which only cost $95 million in 2015.  The production design for that still ranks as one of the best among the live-action remakes. 

Must of been a tax write off. Only explanation