sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

it was too good to be a parody.

Keys to a successful Deadline parody:

1) Include a cheesy lame allusion to the plot of the movie in the opening sentence.

2) Have an initial number  too low (or too high :ph34r:) that would have lead to freakouts if real.

3) Always Be Closing citing "industry experts".

4) Include the reasonable number "after the West Coast" starts to report in.

But I am kidding anyway. I am already not happy they banned filmlover.

👍  I knew you were kidding.  Just playing along. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

@Porthos you see that's who I am. Nice guy? I don't give a shit good father? Go home and play with your kids. you think this is abuse you want to work here close. You think this is abuse cocksucker?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Porthos you see that's who I am. Nice guy? I don't give a shit good father? Go home and play with your kids. you think this is abuse you want to work here close. You think this is abuse cocksucker?

Language.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Forgot to mention I watched Pikachu and Poms on Wednesday. Was pleasantly surprised at Pika; I liked it way more than I thought I would (and might go a second time tonight for the hell of it). But damn, I was also really surprised at Poms. It's not best-of-the-year material, but especially given the reviews, I was expecting something much worse than what I got. Very enjoyable. 

• Like 5

As someone said in one of the earlier threads, Deadline just throws out a range which usually everyone knows once the preview numbers come in. For example we now know that JW3 will probably be in between 50s - 70s so Deadline may as well just write the first number will be between 5-7 and 2nd number 0-9. Hurrah Weekend Prediction.

Edit - I think it was @DAR who made that point.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 1

Thread is strange

news too:

Another day, another He-Man set back; that's why it's set on Eternia, folks. Sony's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE is lowering Castle Grayskull's drawbridge on Mar. 5, 2021. No, for reals this time...going up against Disney's NIMONA & UNIVERSAL EVENT FILM. Even Skeletor knows better.

Dead cat...

during the week actor and actress over under 40 died, today I was surprised to learn he actually was still living (I've seen 'The Caine Mutiny' the earlier movie version and some later TV version) till this week:

macabre macabre

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

:( :( :( 

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That's... really young for a cat :(

Our last cat made it to ~ 20y. Actual dog (ill) is 15y+.

Agree, I'd even say it is very very young for a cat.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Anger ages you man. I'm like 34 I feel 74 imo.

I can understand that. Hating on Fallen Kingdom despite knowing that its a Masterpiece must be hard, containing the anger and disgust at yourself for so long.

Spoiler

:qotd:

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 1

With some exceptions, I've always found Deadline's Friday numbers to usually just line up with what their pre-weekend expectations are.

Mid-week update would be something like "film X is heading for a 25M weekend" blah blah

Friday update would be "film X is exceeding expectations today with a robust 16M Friday. Weekend will land somewhere in the 25M vicinity"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Anger ages you man. I'm like 34 I feel 74 imo.

I just realised:

Isn't it time to change your location? All settled in and such?

Why angry?