Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

49 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I'd take it more seriously if he put a number for the box office vs saying "bomb" - about 1/2 the blockbusters that have come out this year have been bombs, with another 1/4 being financial disappointments, so it's playing the odds to say a blockbuster will be a bomb in 2023.

EDIT TO ADD: A post that said "$20M OW, $60M DOM" would be something I'd take way more seriously...and no, those are not my projected numbers (but they would be huge bomb numbers)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

This goes to show that for a prequel to work, the original work has to have been fondly remembered. The Star Wars prequels and the Hobbit trilogy were big because their original franchises were pop culture touchstones which ended on high notes. This prequel on the other hand will suffer pretty badly for the sins of Mockingjay and how sour of a taste that left on the fans. I'm honestly surprised both the book and the movie were even made at all.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Wait, do they? I thought that was seen as hella creepy these days 

Twilight has definitely enjoyed a solid post-theater life, even if a decent part of it is the hate-watching aspect for all the ridiculous screenwriting choices and wooden acting from folks (Stewart, Pattinson) who would prove their talents elsewhere. Being a goofy slice of cheese is likely easier to milk for nostalgic entertainment value than something with much greater ambitions like the Hunger Games movies and their thinly veiled political allegories do.

There's been a lot of hate for Zegler going around tiktok lately (yes, it's mostly within sexist/misogynistic circles, but it has sort of evolved into a meme into other online spaces now). If you go on Lionsgate ads for the movie on tiktok, a lot of the top comments are saying things like "I'd go see this if Rachel wasn't in it."

Really a shame. One, because people are jerks. Two, Zegler's a great actress. And three, this movie looks really good. I genuinely hope its a hit, and that this little internet sillyness (using this in place of other, more accurate words) doesn't affect the movie's performance. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

There's been a lot of hate for Zegler going around tiktok lately (yes, it's mostly within sexist/misogynistic circles, but it has sort of evolved into a meme into other online spaces now). If you go on Lionsgate ads for the movie on tiktok, a lot of the top comments are saying things like "I'd go see this if Rachel wasn't in it."

Really a shame. One, because people are jerks. Two, Zegler's a great actress. And three, this movie looks really good. I genuinely hope its a hit, and that this little internet sillyness (using this in place of other, more accurate words) doesn't affect the movie's performance. 

Fake rumours about her being fired from Paddington spread over to Facebook boomers too. Truly deranged. Why can't people be normal about actresses online.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:03 PM, CJohn said:

Rachel Zegler and Brie Larson are toxic personalities around everyone I know. These things used to be Internet only nonsense but it is spreading to real life.

I highly doubt most people know who Rachel Ziegler is. She has yet to star in a single successful project. What would she be know for ? Starring in a movie no one saw. lol 

• Like 1