Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Is this the biggest movie to get an Interim Agreement this year?

ZRMj.gif

How soon people forget. :sadno:

(I know what you mean, actually, but I did laugh a little at myself for not including TET when I mentally agreed with you 😉)

• Haha 1

Showtimes for this are starting to appear for that weekend as it gets ready to go on sale and it's looking like everywhere is mostly booking it on 1-2 screens so far, which doesn't seem especially encouraging for any breakout given the showtime-restricting runtime (nearly 50 minutes longer than Marvels) and the fact it looks like non-IMAX PLFs are only at night (Trolls is getting those screens during the day, it seems). We'll see if the SAG-AFTRA agreement results in moving the needle if the studio's data appears concerning.

Edited by filmlover

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Showtimes for this are starting to appear for that weekend as it gets ready to go on sale and it's looking like everywhere is mostly booking it on 1-2 screens so far, which doesn't seem especially encouraging for any breakout given the showtime-restricting runtime (nearly 50 minutes longer than Marvels) and the fact it looks like non-IMAX PLFs are only at night (Trolls is getting those screens during the day, it seems). We'll see if the SAG-AFTRA agreement results in moving the needle if the studio's data appears concerning.

America has a fuck ton of screens, if it does indeed breakout the screens will be there. We saw this with FNAF, started with very low screens and ended with a blockbuster rollout.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

THG cast promotions has BEGUN!

Meanwhile Disney watches jealously on the side like a big loser!

All they had to do was pay their actors fairly then they too could have been promoting their movies better. No pity for them, I hope they watch this movie’s awareness shooting through the roof in the next few days and really come to regret this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Disney must be feeling a lot of pressure right now! This could end up stealing audience from The Marvels, and God knows they need all the audience they can get!

I wonder if this will force Disney to try to speed up the deal to end the strike.

Trust me, they've completely given up on The Marvels. If anything, Hunger Games will be the perfect scapegoat to blame when the former bombs. They're far more concerned about Wish, their last movie of the year and the one they're hedging their entire holiday corridor on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Fazbear said:

Two and a half weeks isn’t a lot of time. Apparently there are premieres lined up in London, Berlin and LA. They are gonna put this cast to work! We shall see if it pays off.

Edited by babz06

2 hours ago, babz06 said:

Two weeks isn’t a lot of time. Apparently there are premieres lined up in London, Berlin and LA. They are gonna put this cast to work! We shall see if it pays off.

Two weeks is much better than a possible zero weeks that Marvels is going to get.

Now we know why Marvels never moved forward a week after Dune left Nov.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1