DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

It was enjoyable enough. I put it a little bit above Homecoming but not by much. Holland was great and Jake G hammed it up real good. Visuals and action for Mysterios powers were the best part.  Rest of the action wasn't very interesting but still a step up from Homecoming. Actually liked the awkward romance between Peter and MJ. Sort of works for this version of Spidey. Zendaya was written and integrated much better in this.

The rest of the plot with the class trip just dragged the movie down way too much. The first was so slow and made worse because the plot twist with Mysterio is so predictable. A lot of the humor was hit and miss. Also glad we are moving on from the Ironman Jr plot-line after this (hopefully).

Nice to see J.K Simmons as JJJ whether its permanent or just a cameo.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. Worth checking out for Jake G as Mysterio.

Interested to see where they go with the identity reveal but it seems like they can just waive that away since Beck was exposed and his main power is manipulation.

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions
  • Like 1

You know Peter is the true successor of Tony when he -

1. Leaves his old suits all over the continent (Venice and Holland)
  2. Is responsible for turning another Stark tech defense project into Weapon of Mass Destruction
  3. Sidelines Rhodey
Edited by NamakFiskKa

Could someone explain something to me?

I liked this enough, but "that" scene, with the crazy colours and mental confusion when they're fighting in the SHIELD hq.

Why could Mysterio manipulate everything so easily? We've seen with Mysterio planning the funfair demon, it takes many hours of meticulous planning and designing the scene in order for his drone displays to be convincing.

But when Spiderman and Mysterio are fighting, it seems like Mysterio can just mentally click his fingers and Spidermans world goes crazy. He can do it spontaneously and think up whatever he likes and the drones instantly display it.

the scene really took me out of the film as I was really confused how can this happen?

Sorry for bad english, brain not working this morning

DRONES!!!

Yeah those drones+hologram doesnt make that much technical sense but its enough to believe. Though i still dont know how the Water Demon drones clearly punched Spidey but he straight up goes through them in the last act which looked like a pretty spacious formation

On 7/27/2019 at 7:19 AM, Avatree said:

Could someone explain something to me?

I liked this enough, but "that" scene, with the crazy colours and mental confusion when they're fighting in the SHIELD hq.

Why could Mysterio manipulate everything so easily? We've seen with Mysterio planning the funfair demon, it takes many hours of meticulous planning and designing the scene in order for his drone displays to be convincing.

But when Spiderman and Mysterio are fighting, it seems like Mysterio can just mentally click his fingers and Spidermans world goes crazy. He can do it spontaneously and think up whatever he likes and the drones instantly display it.

the scene really took me out of the film as I was really confused how can this happen?

Sorry for bad english, brain not working this morning

When he's doing the "city" scenes, he needs to convince hundreds of thousands of folks in person and millions on tv...when he's fighting just Spidey, he only needs to convince one person - WAY easier to screw with one head than beat many thousands plus all their tech...

On 7/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Yikes, no idea what movie most people watched here but I had major issues with this:

Exposition: The Scene is easily the most graceless and cringe thing in MCU history so far. Mysterio and co's motives are beyond silly and laughable and make Malekith's motives seem well developed in comparison.

Them literally making Peter morph into Tony out of nowhere in a couple of those scenes is an easy runner up for graceless cringe in MCU history. Holland will never be RDJ, ridiculously stupid for them to try to shoehorn him into that instead of focusing on his unique characteristics 

Happy-May subplot is an easy bronze medal winner for graceless/cringe

What happened to Holland/Zendaya's easy chemistry from the first? They felt very odd together in this one.

The John Hughes teen comedy angle in general was used to much diminishing returns here compared to how effortlessly Homecoming pulled it off. 

The last scene reminded me how desperately this movie needed more Spidey swinging around and doing Spidey things scenes. It was like TLJ not giving us enough lightsaber action. 

If we're supposed to believe people are gonna think Spidey is public enemy #1 now, that's beyond laughable. All kinds of truck sized holes in how they set up and executed that. 

This did the polar opposite of making me hyped for next phase MCU. It felt too slight while also still managing to set up directions for the future of the franchise that I'm not excited for whatsoever. Positives were some of the scenes with the augmented reality being pretty slick and some of the humor landing (though again, diminishing returns here compared to how it was in Homecoming). Overall, right up there with the IM sequels and Incredible Hulk as my least favorite MCU movie. 

I'm late, but this is spot on. I waited weeks to see this movie, because "Endgame" was the peak for me - and this just goes to further that case even more. I'm even more nervous about "Black Widow" now and have growing anxiety regarding "The Eternals."