DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It does, but the Spidey sense is not represented visually, not really. I mean, you guys remember Raimi's Spidey sense or Webb's? 

well we will probably see that, this was just an introduction

I don't know man, it's been five films with him and they haven't given it much importance. FFH is the first film that makes a "big" deal of it and yet no visual representation. 

About Peter's tie to Tony, it's heartwarming, and appropriate as an epilogue to Endgame, but as much as I like all this interconnectivity in the MCU, I'll say I like it better when Peter is off in his own universe ala Raimi or Webb, similar to the X-Men, I think it works better, as cool as interacting with the other characters is. 

19 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It does, but the Spidey sense is not represented visually, not really. I mean, you guys remember Raimi's Spidey sense or Webb's? 

I think this is actually the point.  Feige and Watts made a conscious decision to not just give audiences what they've already seen before in the previous Spider-Man films.

Hence strongly tying Tony to Peter's journey, deemphasizing Spider Sense, using new villains, keeping Peter very young as long as possible, placing action scenes in settings other than New York skyscrapers, and not giving us a classic swinging scene until Spidey's fifth appearance in the MCU.

I think it's been a lot of very smart choices.

• Like 5

Perhaps but that's what makes it not nearly as satisfying to me personally as Raimi's, Webb's films or ITSV. I like some of those elements though. The third film though should be very interesting, hopefully the Netflix's Daredevil showing up rumor is true. I hope the tone evolves too, they delved into more dramatic elements with Tony but it's still too light for my taste, then again, it's the same with 99% of the MCU films. 

• Like 1

Not very good at all though it has 2 of the funniest MCU moments ever:

-Even Dead I'm The Hero

-Happy throwing the shield as if he is Captain America and having it fall on the floor 

I got serious Iron Man 2 and 3 and Ultron vibes with the ending though. Despite Hollands performance, this was just...

This movie had serious feels of Marvel's schtick feeling played out. Mind you, I've felt those vibes before. But they were strong here. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, justvision said:

Firstly SHIELD is no more. As far as MCU is concerned, SHIELD has been no more after CA:WS. Nick Fury might have make use of some of SHIELD's former personnel/resources (e.g. helicarriers in Avengers:AoU), but it basically ceased operation. Even if in its good old days, SHIELD had never been an almightly or always successful orgainization that successfuly fight or prevent crimes (otherwise there was no need of Avengers). In fact it was a big ironic failure that it was destroyed by infiltration by Hydra, its nemesis.

Secondly it was not something "easily wrapped up". William Ginter Riva downloaded and doctored the footage recorded by Beck of final confrontation between Spidey and Beck, and presumably sent it to JJJ. It would require a near omniscient and omnipresent super AI system to intercept and prevent such download and sharing.

I get that but Fury still runs a government section. They could’ve easily put out Mysterio was a fraud and collected some of the evidence.

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I get that but Fury still runs a government section. They could’ve easily put out Mysterio was a fraud and collected some of the evidence.

They could of and I suspect they may do that in the 3rd one but once you put an idea like that in the public's mind might be very hard to get rid of their suspicion of Spider-Man whetehr they believe Mysterio or not.

Just saw it, it was great.

- Peter/MJ is my favorite couple in the MCU. Their chemistry is far better than any other couple's for me (not that its saying much though).  I can't help it they're just so cute.  They do a great job of organically showing their mutual interest.  Its easy for Peter since its his POV, so I enjoy that they were able to sell that MJ is very into him as well- that fucking scene where Peter's changing and MJ's trying to loses the battle to stop herself from peaking.

- I have a new appreciation for Ned.  Like, he was doing Peter solid all through the movie doing his best to cover for him and protect people.

- Having the same actor play Jameson was awesome.  I also love the updating of the Daily Bugle to a sketchy conspiracy news site.  It feeds really well into the current political climate 'fake news' and whatnot.

-The midcredit scene was just amazing.  What a fucking way to end the movie.  Nice to see that they're committed to shaking up the status quo.  I'm really looking forward to what they do with the next one.

-As with most MCU movies, very funny.  'Nightmonkey' lmfao.  Also the 'I will always love you' school newscast.

-Again, as with most MCU movies, the action is solid.  I particularly love the 'spidey sense' scene at the end.

Critiques:

-The scene where Peter accidentally calls the drone to kill that dude.  Like I get that they need to demonstrate what the drones are, but the scene goes too far with the random things that keep Peter from getting the glasses and shutting down the drone.  Also stretched disbelief that no one else notices what's going on.

-The power flickered in the theater so I didn't get to see the final end credits scene, fucking ripoff.

-Uhh, that's it, really.

9/10

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, IceFire9yt said:

Peter/MJ is my favorite couple in the MCU. Their chemistry is far better than any other couple's for me (not that its saying much though).  I can't help it they're just so cute.  They do a great job of organically showing their mutual interest.  Its easy for Peter since its his POV, so I enjoy that they were able to sell that MJ is very into him as well- that fucking scene where Peter's changing and MJ's trying to loses the battle to stop herself from peaking.

By far the best romance in any of the Spider-Man incarnations we've had so far. Miles and Gwen in Spider-Verse you could argue but it's more a friendship atm. Garfield and Stone had great chemistry but the writing of that romance was very sloppy at times especially in TASM 2. Peter and Mary Jane in the Raimi films got worse after each movie. 

• Like 1

Nothing can equal Peter and Gwen in the TASM films imo and for obvious reasons, Andrew and Emma have insane chemistry. Peter and MJ in Raimi's trilogy is second best imo. 

Peter/MJ in FFH works extremely well, although it is odd that she's barely in Homecoming, her and Peter barely interact, we never get a hint that he's interested in her. Then FFH opens, and he has this major crush on her. I guess it all happened offscreen but very bizarre.

Edited by TimmyRiggins