DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

11 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Lmao I forgot MJ left that dude at the altar in the Raimi trilogy. What a bitch

The first 2 Spidey movies are still the best for me, but for God sake I can't stand the relationship between Peter and MJ

She is a whining bitch in this triology, remove her and you get nearly perfect movies (except SM3 of course)

4 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

One thing that bugged me (no pun) about this was what a blatantly huge, Big Brother-y invasion of privacy EDITH is, and we're supposed to go "Oh cool! Tony Stark has access to everyone's personal information at all times! Sweet!"

A security system only works if it can access all info that go through Internet, global satellites, GPS, etc etc.  The tech is neutral, it is the authorised user/commander (in this case Peter Parker) who decide which info to pull, and ultimately bear the responsibilty.

Nah, you want total privacy? In current context, let's start with US/UK citizens should ask their government to shut down CIA/MI6.

Edited by justvision
  • ...wtf 1

On 7/5/2019 at 6:38 PM, ZackM said:

No, I pretty clearly have the film-makers to blame.  Hiding valuable information from the audience was their choice, not mine.  Their decision leaves audience members like myself thinking they botched one of their characters.

How was it hidden? If you don't know to watch until the very end at this point, how is that the filmakers fault?

• Like 2

There's an analogy that a friend of mine on other board that it's stuck in my head since he said it last Wednesday and I think very few members here would get, maybe @baumer and Tele:

"Spider-Man: Far From Home is the Teen Agent / If Looks Could Kill film that I never knew I wanted". It's crazy how Marvel Studios disguised a teen vacations comedy mashed with the teen agent trope into a superhero film. Genius.

I’m now really hoping for a trilogy of trilogies. I thought that was unrealistic because it would mean that Holland would end up playing Spider-Man for 18 years or more. However, even after all of that time, he would still be younger than RDJ was when he first played Tony Stark. No reason for Holland to want out, and I’m sure Sony is over the moon with this deal and we know for sure we are getting a sequel. Why stop there? Spidey needs five movies minimum. It’s clear Marvel wants to see him grow up into the definitive Spider-Man through these movies, and we are getting three for just high school. How can we get three for that era, and then only two more for adulthood and college? When you look at it like that nine movies does not sound so crazy anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, poweranimals said:

How was it hidden? If you don't know to watch until the very end at this point, how is that the filmakers fault?

Can you provide a list of all of the MCU post credit scenes that recontextualize the events of the proper body of the film?

18 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Oh well that's a relief, as long as the GOOD GUYS are using this incredibly invasive and unethical technology there's nothing to worry about!

To be fair, the tech was made by Tony Stark who is hardly a paragon of privacy ethics. It's problematic but very in character for Tony

On 7/8/2019 at 6:58 AM, WittyUsername said:

That is a good point. People have railed against TDK for the surveillance plot point in the third act, but at least that film acknowledged how questionable the ethics of such a thing are. 

I've also started hearing criticisms of TDK saying that it supports the police or some garbage. 

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I've also started hearing criticisms of TDK saying that it supports the police or some garbage. 

Oh, that’s not totally new. There were people accusing the Dark Knight movies of being reactionary back when they were in theaters.

Edited by TServo2049