Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Thats the most boring trailer line up ever assembled

The middle two, yes. The Jack Reacher trailer makes the mistake of keeping Tom Cruise's face offscreen for the majority of its duration, and Alex Cross looks completely generic outside of the stunt casting of Tyler Perry as the title character. But the other two trailers played pretty well. There were quite a few laughs during This Is 40, and I heard some sniffles during Les Mis.The most bizarre trailer lineup I've seen, however, is still the one in front of my Terminator Salvation screening, which went: Land of the Lost/Sherlock Holmes/Bruno/The Hangover. Because straight comedy is totally what I'm expecting to see in something with Terminator in the title.
  • Like 1

Expandebles 22PMAbout 50% full (really good for this time) mostly people in there 30s+Trailers:Dredd: Meh.Looper: Looks decent.Taken 2: Looks good. People seem to want to see this.Jack Reacher: Looks okay.Iron Fists: Some laughs and what the heck is this movie?Last Stand: Talking, looks decent.Possession: Hey its a rip off of the Exorcists. A bunch of laughs came from "based on a true stroy"Movie: Really really fun. The audience ate this up. They loved it whenever Mr. Norris was on the screen. Stallone was pretty good in this also. Statham was enjoyable. Van Damme was even not that bad. Overall a really fun ride.A-

Paranorman (2D)The trailers looked interesting so I decided to give it a chance. I saw the 12:55 show since it was on only 1 screen and only the first show was in 2D.TrailersLes Miserables- Umm, kind of an odd choice to put in front of a kids movie, pretty much 0 reaction.Hotel Transylvania- Kids were all over this one, lots of reaction and talking.Wreck It Ralph- Even better reaction from the kids (I want to see it myself)Theater has about 250 seats, about 90% sold out, but it was helped out by a large group of about 50 kids seeing it as part of a birthday party.The crowd really seemed to like it, which kind of surprised me as I thought it might play a bit over their age group, it has some pretty dark themes to go with some really good humor, but the kids did like it. I think the parents like it too judging by the chatter after the movie ended.My take on it was that I was really pleasantly surprised, it was even better than I thought it would be, I'm still mulling over how I'd rate it but I'm leaning toward 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

The Expendables 2

Aug. 20, 2012 / 5:15 PM

Glorietta, Makati City Philippines

90% full ~500 seats

Trailers:

Hope Springs - some laughs

Breaking Dawn Part 2 - some chatter

The Campaign - some laughs

Total Recall - no reaction

Alex Cross - no reaction

Man of Steel - no reaction but when the "S" appeared in the end, I heard a lot of "Superman!"

The movie

Crowd was enthusiastic with the first action set piece and when Arnold, Willis, Van Damme and most especially Norris appeared there were cheers. Norris entrance was such a riot and loud laughter with the "cobra" joke. Crowd also enjoyed the banter between Couture and The middle part was a little boring but got fun again in the end. Van Damme vs Stallone finale fight was well received. Lots of good exit chatter

As for me, it's fun but the editing and camera work was headache inducing at times. I

B-

IntouchablesSunday 9:15pm, open-air, more than sold out (about 1.000 seats; they had to carry in additional ones and put them in front of the screen)trailers were for the following open-air shows (Descendants, Another Year among them)We went to watch it once more (its theatrical run has already ended in Austria); it's still an excellent comedy; seeing this with such a big and enthusiastic crowd is fun! Don't know if this counts for Intouchables' "official" earnings though.

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 1

PrometheusMonday 8:45pm, 30 people in a 200-seatertrailers: every single upcoming action flick (BL, EX2, TR ...)The film: After finally seeing this, I understand why this didn't exactly set the BO on fire. Visually nearly perfect but the story doesn't carry any broad appeal; it's even alienating the horror crowd - the single target demo are core SF fans (to which I belong) and even I found the script somewhat underwhelming. May son liked the first half very much but said the 2nd half was lacking in tension.I was sad when the Scott Free logo appeared; I hope there will be future productions and among them a maybe more imaginative Prometheus 2.

August 24-30

NEW

Premium Rush (1 screen, 7 showings)

The Apparition (1 screen, 7 showings)

Hit & Run (1 screen, 7 showings)

2016: Obama's America (1 screen, 7 showings)

Lawless (1 screen, 5 showings)

HOLDOVERS

The Expendables 2 (2 screens, 12 showings)

ParaNorman (1 screen, 7 showings)

Sparkle (2 screens, 11 showings)

The Bourne Legacy (1 screen, 4 showings)

The Campain (1 screen, 7 showings)

The Dark Knight Rises: The IMAX Experience (1 screen, 4 showings)

The Dark Knight Rises (1 screen, 4 showings)

SHARED SCREENS

The Oogieloves In The Big Baloon Adventure/The Apparition (5 showings/2 showings)

ParaNorman 3D/Ted (5 showings/2 showings)

The Odd Life Of Timothy Green/Lawless (5 showings/1 showing)

The Bourne Legacy/The Campaign (3 showings/2 showings)

Hope Springs/The Bourne Legacy (5 showings/1 showing)

Brave/Total Recall (1 showing/4 showings)

LEAVING

Nitro Circus 3D: The Movie (2 weeks)

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (3 weeks, 5 days)

The Watch (4 weeks)

Ice Age: Continental Drift (6 weeks, 5 days)

The Amazing Spider-Man (7 weeks, 3 days)

Magic Mike (8 weeks)

The Expendables 2

August 25, 4:20 PM, 70% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers - No responses at all

Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX

The Man With the Iron Fists

Red Dawn

Taken 2

The Last Stand

The Possession

Audience loved this movie. Appropiate "Oos" and laughter happened during the movie. I liked it myself, and it's probably the best homework assignment I've ever gotten.

Most theaters (especially in a major chain. The theater near me is a Rave) woudn't make that mistake, but it would be hilarious if that did indeed happen.

It does every now and then though. Last summer me and some others went to go see Crazy, Stupid, Love which was sharing a screen with Smurfs and they accidentally played Smurfs. Needless to say reactions were quite hilarious. :P
  • Like 1

It does every now and then though. Last summer me and some others went to go see Crazy, Stupid, Love which was sharing a screen with Smurfs and they accidentally played Smurfs. Needless to say reactions were quite hilarious. :P

Now that most theatres are digital and are automated its not a problem .The person entering the show times into the system would have to really not be paying attention to screw up .
  • Like 1