charlie Jatinder

Monday (7/15) Numbers

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I am very well aware of that 😉

The spillover effect is good to see with those charts, as winter season runs till very early March

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/seasonal/?chart=byseason&season=Winter&view=releasedate

there is to see how much out of whack BP's result was for 2018's winter season, way higher than normal winter season sum (release date)

the other seasons per tabs

Season to date often seems to get missed (I am aware about you'll know it, but our few posts here might be of interest for silent readers / new to the theme members too)

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/seasonal/?chart=std&view=releasedate

Not disagreeing to the most what got said here, only another POV (me wishing for way higher increasing admissions every year instead of in some years decreasing and in others stalemate or....)

Quite true, and I should have given you the kudos for knowing as well - my bad, you've been around long enough lol. I tend to write with new followers in mind and dont think about the old guards like myself also knowing. 

At least we arent following 2005 😳 that year admission wise sucked to follow after 2003 and 2004. BOM was always filled with doomsdayers in 05 and 06. So this is partially cycle and partially a newer way of doing box office. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Quite true, and I should have given you the kudos for knowing as well - my bad, you've been around long enough lol. I tend to write with new followers in mind and dont think about the old guards like myself also knowing. 

At least we arent following 2005 😳 that year admission wise sucked to follow after 2003 and 2004. BOM was always filled with doomsdayers in 05 and 06. So this is partially cycle and partially a newer way of doing box office. 

I think I am for the moment so focused on admissions again as it's a really bad year here in Germany, as were the last few years as well mostly. Like down down down....

in case you are interested a little summary - in spoilers as OT

Spoiler

As in 2005 was here also not a good year, but still way better than last year and this year looks to be worse again

In the '50 we  had between nearly 500m to over 800m admissions, 1960 it was over 600m, and then here the TV impacted, means 1969 over only 180m.

In the '70 even more down, with one year exceptionally bad, 115m, but then we were less people here also.

That's when I started to look into BO, as I am a big fan of the cinemas themselves too

'80 worst year down a bit over 100m, lots of cinemas closed down already.

In the '90 slowly increasing to ~ 150m,

in the '00 a bit higher with only 2 years under 130m, so hope gets back for the cinema culture being secrure again.

This decade down again, with mostly 125m - ~ 140m, but last year only 105m beside Phantastic ... HP world (which is huge here), MCU,....

This year looks like to be worse.

Last year the big ones had 89m admissions, today - already in the 2nd half of the year - the count is just over 41m admission per the big distributors.

Its in my POV so bad, I do not really want to look at the actuals for here per weekend often, but have to in a way anyway. Like looking at a disaster just happening.

• Like 1

The Secret Life of Pets 2 grossed $500K on Monday. Total gross stands at $147.74M.

Yesterday grossed $865K on Monday. 18-Day total stands at $49.14M.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Tied down for a bit, but thanks for holding down the fort!👍🏾

That's in a way funny, I did some years back the same for a time, but a mod didn't liked it then, so I slowed down quite a bit.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Endgame honestly might beat Avatar at this point just on remaining domestic dollars lol.

I'm going to be really happy for Zatt the day that happens. He's been waiting patiently.

I'd also be really happy for a2k and Cookson if KOTM could somehow leg out to 110M.

BTW, great week over week holds for the Disney movies - aladdin -12.5% drop, AE -12.7%, TS4 -32.7%

Also a great hold for Yday which will pass 50M DOM today -23.5%

TS4 will move into the Top 50 DOM unadjusted today, potentially getting as high as F7. Should pass IO on Thursday. Could potentially pass DM2 and SLOP this weekend.

Edited by RamblinRed
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

lol. Disney not gonna wait till July end. Definitely Saturday is target.

The ideal scenario for them is probably that it's short Friday, but passes during the day Sat. Looks possible, depending on the OS actuals and weekdays.

• Like 1