TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

It was fuzzy. But I appreciate your answer. I didn’t follow tracking on BP. It seemed like that was one that just kept moving it’s ceiling up. 
Not comparing this movie’s future to BP.  Just remembering or misremembering BP’s expectations. 

This movie also feels way less "controversial" (imagine me doing that with the air quotes) than any of the other stuff they've been doing.  As long as it's funny, I think it should motor right along.

TBH, the annoying thing I see coming is people trying to pull some "Marvel is Back! Marvel is Back to Its Best" bullshit headlines, as if things like Eternals and MOM were really THAT terrible. :hmph:

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

This will probably be more of a crowd pleaser than DS2. If nothing else, that should translate to better legs, but we’ll have to see if it gets a bigger opening. 

I think it will open a bit under DS2 but will end up beating it by like 100m+ total. Not only will it probably be more of a crowd pleaser, its in a far better release date for legs. 

“It’s a fantastic film,” Waititi tells Empire in the Summer Preview issue. By the sounds of it, the filmmaker himself is surprised by what he’s got on his hands – since his style is to let his films grow organically. “I don’t try to control my films, or how they turn out,” he explains. “I sort of let them appear to me. And with this film, I’m like, ‘Hey, you’re kind of cooler than the thing I was originally hoping to make.’ Tonally it’s where I’ve always wanted it.” 

“I wanted to embrace this thing that I was always a bit dismissive of, and explore this idea of love, and show characters who do believe in love,” says Waititi. “On paper, it feels kinds of cringy to me, but there’s a way of doing it with cool characters making a cool movie, and also having a thing that no fan ever wants in a superhero movie, which is people talking about love, and characters kissing.” 

“I think most people will assume that the love story is between Chris and Natalie,” he teases. “I can’t promise that what people think is going to happen in this film will happen.”  

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/taika-waititi-thor-love-thunder-fantastic-film-cooler-than-expected-exclusive/

• Like 2

What inrgiuted me is the one quick shot of Thor standing by who seemed to be Zeus.  So we will get the Olympians in this movie.

I sort of supected that the Marvel take on Hercules would show up. Too much of a fun charecter not to. I hope , though  not of course in this film, the go with Herc visiting earth and being hired to star in a Hercules movie......

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What inrgiuted me is the one quick shot of Thor standing by who seemed to be Zeus.  So we will get the Olympians in this movie.

I sort of supected that the Marvel take on Hercules would show up. Too much of a fun charecter not to. I hope , though  not of course in this film, the go with Herc visiting earth and being hired to star in a Hercules movie......

We’ve already known that Russel Crowe is playing Zeus. 

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

“I think most people will assume that the love story is between Chris and Natalie,” he teases. “I can’t promise that what people think is going to happen in this film will happen.”  

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/taika-waititi-thor-love-thunder-fantastic-film-cooler-than-expected-exclusive/

I like this.  I'm making that assumption, too, that Hems-Thor and Portman-Thor ultimately won't end up together.  Rather, she might be open to...other people...or species?  😅

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

No one assumes that. You all came out at Comic Con in 2019 and said that this was going to be about Val finding a girlfriend. 😥

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, Macleod said:

This will have better legs than Strange II...and possibly open even bigger.  

I think so too, especially after the reception of Ragnarok. 

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Christian Bale Reportedly Looks 'Terrifying' In Thor: Love and Thunder Footage

https://thedirect.com/article/thor-christian-bale-love-and-thunder-footage

Not surprised; Bale does scary well. It was a big part of his take on Batman. He was the first live action Batman I could actually buy as being able to scare the hell out of hardened criminals.

• Like 1