TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

5 minutes ago, The Panda said:

The hook for me is a nude Chris Hemsworth, idk bout y’all and your nerdy reasons

Yes, the meat hammer is always the main draw.

30 minutes ago, The Panda said:

The hook for me is a nude Chris Hemsworth, idk bout y’all and your nerdy reasons

25 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Yes, the meat hammer is always the main draw.

Y'all are my best friends now.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 12:23 AM, WittyUsername said:

It’s been said for years now that Marvel has a CGI problem. People were not afraid to point out how the dodgy VFX in Black Panther, and there was a meme going around last year about how fake the climax of Black Widow looked. 

Just because SOME people day something, it doesnt mean its true.

If the majority of both bo and bw cgi was dodgy, i would entertain it. There were 20-30 seconds of bad cgi in each film. That like 10-20% of the cgi.

But i guess nuance is lost online

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Maybe not a hook but money shot for sure. And they know it which is why it's in IMAX trailer too. See Thor's meat hammer on the largest possible screen. Record breaking IMAX attendance, anyone? 🔨

33 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Just because SOME people day something, it doesnt mean its true.

If the majority of both bo and bw cgi was dodgy, i would entertain it. There were 20-30 seconds of bad cgi in each film. That like 10-20% of the cgi.

But i guess nuance is lost online

I would say that the VFX in Marvel movies are fairly inconsistent at best. Sometimes they look good, but there are always shots that tend to get picked apart. 

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I would say that the VFX in Marvel movies are fairly inconsistent at best. Sometimes they look good, but there are always shots that tend to get picked apart. 

Becasue such shots have no place in movies that cost north of 200M. No one expected Twilight Saga to have great SFX cause that was a cheapo franchise. But these are expenseive af.

That said, nekkid Thor worths 3 billion so....:lol:

Edited by Valonqar

On 5/29/2022 at 10:32 PM, ThomasNicole said:

The effects just didn't try to looks realistic. 

It's more stylistic and cartoonish, but it's very well done, that's why nobody was freaking out complaining. 

And honestly how VFX alone can make a movie to be weak? NWH have some awful scenes with heavy effects and people adored it.

It's a blockbuster. The bare minimum I expect is good effects. Frankly, your standards must be low if you don't recognize bad green screen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

It's a blockbuster. The bare minimum I expect is good effects. Frankly, your standards must be low if you don't recognize bad green screen. 

The effects overall are pretty good. 

I'm the first to complain about awful VFX on MCU, and no, Thor isn't one of them. Some shots clearly need more work, but that's all, perfectly normal for trailers imo.

And frankly, maybe you have to learn to accept when people disagreed with you instead of saying their "standards must be low" just because they don't think you're opinion is a rule.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The effects overall are pretty good. 

I'm the first to complain about awful VFX on MCU, and no, Thor isn't one of them. Some shots clearly need more work, but that's all, perfectly normal for trailers imo.

And frankly, maybe you have to learn to accept when people disagreed with you instead of saying their "standards must be low" just because they don't think you're opinion is a rule.

I donlt think there has been a big blockbuster since the CGI era began that does not have a few dodgy effects. question is how many and how bad are they.

It boils down to that no matter how much time you allow for post production, you run out of time and have to cut corners. expecting perfection is silly.

• Like 3

We're also looking at a franchise that's clearly inspired by campy movies like Flash Gordon, Big Trouble in Little China and Masters of the Universe, not 2001: A Space Odyssey lol. Like I do expect some nice spectacle but also a lot of just straight up absurd nonsense. 

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Is it me or scenes with Bale are shot in B&W or in very disaturated colors? It seems deliberate so I wonder about the context. Very interesting.

Yes, it's obviously on purpose, but there may be something to the atmosphere that he generates in his own environment that manifests itself aesthetically on screen (I haven't read the comics with this guy, don't know if that happens, there.)  An atmosphere of death and decay, obviously!!

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yes, it's obviously on purpose, but there may be something to the atmosphere that he generates in his own environment that manifests itself aesthetically on screen (I haven't read the comics with this guy, don't know if that happens, there.)  An atmosphere of death and decay, obviously!!

I like it! Very cool creative choice. :)

• Like 2

Will be very interesting to follow to see whether this beats MoM or not. Hopeful that it will make more than Ragnarok, but can it truly outshone MoM when it seems like the hype is slightly less?