TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

19 minutes ago, Jeight said:

I have seen two insiders on twitter with a proven track record saying the movie tested well. People who regularly post abput that stuff and they are verified on twitter. To me the person on BOT could be lying. Or not. I have no idea what other scoops has he broken. 

I've tried to be anonymous here, but let me say upfront, as somebody who's known him for years that Cmasterclay would never lie about this stuff. He doesn't do much scoops, but he's been on this forum since day 1, has a very clean track record, and while his appreciation for the MCU isn't the greatest, he would never want to stir up drama or just make up a story to get attention. And sure, maybe Clay could be wrong in the end (very likely, since these films go through tons of edits and changes before release), but it's not like Twitter scoopers or insiders have a perfect track record either. So to you, and everybody else here, quit it with this kind of garbage. We don't need this here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Looks fun but the teaser was better for me.

Not digging Gor ,feels like hella 2.0 tbh. Something was off about his look imo.

Yeh that first shot of him was very cool. But the next shot was just Christian Bale with a bit of face paint. 

I don’t get the freak outs about test screening teas.. if they’re doing a good job of testing they should be throwing many versions out there and seeing what lands and doesnt. Pretty sure what we do in the shadows had like 100 hours of footage they constantly subjected their friends to to make a 90 min film. 

Edited by Rebeccas

1 hour ago, Eric Belcher said:

I've tried to be anonymous here, but let me say upfront, as somebody who's known him for years that Cmasterclay would never lie about this stuff. He doesn't do much scoops, but he's been on this forum since day 1, has a very clean track record, and while his appreciation for the MCU isn't the greatest, he would never want to stir up drama or just make up a story to get attention. And sure, maybe Clay could be wrong in the end (very likely, since these films go through tons of edits and changes before release), but it's not like Twitter scoopers or insiders have a perfect track record either. So to you, and everybody else here, quit it with this kind of garbage. We don't need this here.

OK, there is no reason to drag it any further.  I might not like every mcu movie but at this point the mcu has a track record and I'm go with that. 

Like I said comedy is always divisive in cbms.  People  online have already decided what their opinion is on the film but they don't matter in the end. If the movie is generally well received the hundreds of thousands of votes on letterboxd or imdb will give a picture. 

For what it's worth, my information is third-hand, not even second-hand like usual. The person who gave me info is someone I trust and has given me great info in the past, but even they heard it second-hand. And to be clear, it wasn't that this was testing bad - it's that it was struggling to come together in the editing room, which is why they took so long to get a trailer out. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Did we know with Eternals? I wasn’t really followed then 

There wasn't any test screening reports for Eternals. 

One guy said he heard at some point Feige was almost in disbelief in what they have and that Chloe crashed Eternals. Everyone presume it was a compliment but maybe it was a literal crash. 

(i loved the movie tho)

DS2 wasn't even hated, why it would have strong negative impact on this movie (which is obviously totally different tonally)? 

Seems like overreaction for no reason to me.

The teaser for this was nearly at Avengers level, it was massive everywhere and just a month ago, the movie will be massive as well.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Trailer metrics gonna end up a good distance below DS2 trailer 2 on most platforms, probably will be closer on YouTube. Will need better reception and better reach to general audiences to come close to the OW. 

Dr Strange simply had way bigger hype. 

Thor it's more popular character by far, but Dr Strange was seen as a culmination of WV, NWH story and tie in with Loki & What If. 

The Multiverse of Madness was supposed to be the game changing event of MCU. 

In a way, it was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

bale does seem to have a bit of a malekith/ronan vibe to me in that he's just there to grumble evily while the heroes are going "woah dude chill out" and doing fortnight dances or whatever.

Yeah thats my worry

15 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Dr Strange simply had way bigger hype. 

Thor it's more popular character by far, but Dr Strange was seen as a culmination of WV, NWH story and tie in with Loki & What If. 

The Multiverse of Madness was supposed to be the game changing event of MCU. 

In a way, it was.

I loved MoM but it's pretty clear people expected something else and I think Marvel has itself to blame for it.

Naming it 'Multiverse' was bad idea. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

That Mandalorian tech everyone raves about really does look like balls.

Like I said before, they don't know how to light for this. Found out they got the guy who took over shooting Mando from Greig Fraser (who also shot Batman) to shoot this and not surprised since his stuff there wasn't very good too.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1