Eric Loves Rey

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

Verified Audience is 61% overnight.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a movie start off lower.

They sell a movie that doesn't exist. This is supposed to be the grand finale

Spoiler

and Michael Myers is in it 10 minutes. They could have tacked on the final 5 minutes in Kills and it would have end up as the same.

• Like 1

I liked it. Although I totally understand why some people wouldn’t, and I fully expect to be in a minority. I really liked that they did something different with it and didn’t just go down the lazy slasher route that they easily could’ve done after Kills, it’s undeniably a swing, but for me it worked. I think it might’ve helped that I kind of knew the basic plot going into it though, so it wasn’t a “wtf?” to me.

Really glad they did the time jump too, picking up right after the end of Kills would’ve been exhausting, the characters needed a bit of breathing room.

My 68 year old dad who loves the original really liked it too (kind of surprised me how much actually).

This might be the worst thing I've gone to see in theatres in a while.

I appreciate Green being able to take a big swing and there's some nice ideas but the film is unbelievably messy. It's trying to do so much and undercooks all of it. 70% of the film I was just going "What the bloody hell am I watching".

It's more Christine than Halloween. 

Take '18 as the resolution to this particular venture and forget the other two happened. 

• Like 2

I wonder if this will improve on rewatch, because the first time I was in shock at what the movie was. But watching it already knowing what it is may be quite enjoyable. The movie, after all, it's pretty well made for what it is. Last time I was this shocked at a movie in the theater was with the 2016 Suicide Squad, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

3 hours ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

This seems like it will open somewhere in range between $41-45 million $. So $75 million when it's all said and done.

WHich means it will make a good profit off it's theatrical run.

Horror films, if you keep the budget down, are the safest film investment there is. There is enough of a loyal core audience to guarantee, worst case  scenario, you will get your money back and more then likely turn a profit.

2 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Horrible movie, but I hope John Carpenter is getting paid solid royalties from it along with the other bad sequels of the last 30+ years. None of these shit-show, cash grab films would exist without him creating the original movie in the first place. 

He’ll be happy for the royalties, people forget he hasn’t directed a good film since 1988. Some of the films he’s made in the last 30+ years are worse than any of the Halloween sequels lol. 

• Like 1

Quite the quality drop from 2018 - Kills - Ends for me. 

Dont know what they were thinking for most of this runtime. Big (frustrating) swing that just hits them in the face. 

Last 15 minutes or so were fun though. 

2/5

H20 is officially my timeline. Kevin Williamson understood Laurie more in 82 minutes than David Gordon Green has in 3 full films. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

enough of this trend of people talking about how weird and crazy a movie is and then it absolutely isn't. just straight up lying online.

this wasn't very good, interesting idea but blandly executed kind of a chore to watch. kind of like halloween '18 there were moments where i thought it hinted at going in a more batshit direction and i was expecting it based on the reactions but it doesn't.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

He’ll be happy for the royalties, people forget he hasn’t directed a good film since 1988. Some of the films he’s made in the last 30+ years are worse than any of the Halloween sequels lol. 

at least give him In The Mouth of Madness.

i like Vampires and Escape from LA too, but... harder to argue the case for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

H20 is officially my timeline. Kevin Williamson understood Laurie more in 82 minutes than David Gordon Green has in 3 full films. 

Got to admit, while I liked Ends, I do prefer the end of H20. The battle between them is longer and more suspenseful, and that beheading followed by smash cut to credits is fantastic. Back in 1998 that was such a cheer moment.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Quite the quality drop from 2018 - Kills - Ends for me. 

Dont know what they were thinking for most of this runtime. Big (frustrating) swing that just hits them in the face. 

Last 15 minutes or so were fun though. 

2/5

In the Mouth of Madness is the tits 

The DGG timeline really does't do Laurie Strode justice at all. Laurie has one HORRIBLE night and becomes Sarah Connor from Terminator for 40 years? Not only does she make no attempt to move on, she kinda sorta ruins her life by sprinting in the other direction. Ridiculous. 

H20 took a woman who survived both the events of Halloween 1 and 2 and made her into the mostly responsible, high-functioning woman she seemed well on her to becoming. H20 could have done even more with her character, but that is clearly the best ending for Laurie and Michael. 

• Like 1