Eric Loves Rey

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

I have seen this movie and fucking lmao David Gordon Green was on crack while writing this

Spoiler

Michael Myers is in this movie for maybe 10 minutes, MAYBE. He kills like one person, a dumb redhead. This is Jurassic Park Dominion in steroids. The movie they sell doesn't exist. This is a movie about a random ass dude that goes evil because of the way society treats him. He is almost the lead of this thing. He even steals the mask from Michael and goes on a killing rampage with it.

The opening scene had me dying of laugher and also made me go like WHAT THE FUCK. I knew David Gordon Green was just gonna fuck with the audience for 2 straight hours, and he did just that.

What a final movie lmao. Whatever he wanted to say he fails miserably like in Halloween Kills, but at least every 10 minutes I would whisper to myself "what" "what the fuck" "excuse me..." "yoooooooooo" and other stuff. Absolute madness lmao.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Eric Strode said:

Spoiler

That is not Michael. In fact this scene isn't in the movie, but it seems like it is the random ass new dude they set up as the lead killing his mom.

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is gonna go for a 80% 2nd weekend drop for sure. Nobody on planet Earth will like this movie. I wanna film reactions of the GA on opening night.

Maybe people will like

Spoiler

the conclusion of the Laurie vs Michael Myers beef 

:ph34r:

What's your opinion on that?

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Maybe people will like

Hide contents

the conclusion of the Laurie vs Michael Myers beef 

:ph34r:

What's your opinion on that?

Spoiler

They have a cool 5 minutes fight at the end after the plot with the whatshisname random dude they had occupying the entire movie is finished. This is truly the Dominion of the Halloween franchise fml.

Edited by CJohn

Even with extremely low expectations, this was horrendous.

Spoiler

This drew unintentional laughter at a few parts. The entire opening thing with the babysitting was among the dumbest things I have ever seen in film. Even the way MM's body/head basically explode in the shredder is comical. Alyson and Corey's bit is beyond forced as well as pure stupidity. For real, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING with any of this nonsense? 

What an enormous miss of an opportunity. I was basically hoping Busta Rhymes would show up and yell TRICK OR TRICK MUTHA FUCKA! again to inject some energy into this painfully bland film. I am going to pretend Laurie and MM's story ended with Halloween 2018 Halloween H20. 

TBH easily the best piece of this trilogy was the 1978 flashback in KILLS which has me longer for more period slasher films. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Kudos for trying something different, I guess, but it’s a pretty odd direction to take for what’s supposed to be the grand finale to the Michael and Laurie story. Why exactly did we need to spend so much time on this new character, and practically treat him as the main character, if they were just going to kill him off before the climax anyway? It just feels like a waste of time. The child’s death at the beginning is also way too over the top to take seriously. 

The last 10 or so minutes is pretty satisfying, though, and is easily the best part of the film. Too bad it feels like it belongs in a different movie. 

• Like 1

I'm getting the feeling that no matter what, this is going to Rise of Skywalker/JW Dominion at the box office; drop even harder from its predecessor/pay for its predecessor's sins.

And the fact that this isn't apparently all that good isn't going to help either. 

46 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm getting the feeling that no matter what, this is going to Rise of Skywalker/JW Dominion at the box office; drop even harder from its predecessor/pay for its predecessor's sins.

And the fact that this isn't apparently all that good isn't going to help either. 

Seems infinitely more interesting than either of those two other movies tho.