Eric the Fall Guy

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

1 hour ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

I also don't think Ends will hit $100 million as well. Reviews will be horrible and many people left disappointed after Kills, so it will definitely lose some of it's core audience. Also Peacock now has more subscriptions than a year ago. Apart from that marketing is not as aggressive as it was for the last two films. Even the new trailer looks bad, and even Kills had an amazing trailer. Finally, this year had way more horrors to offer, so I'm not sure will the audience be there for this one.

I'm sticking to $35-40 million opening and $75-80 million total.

I can’t imagine this movie getting a 2x multiplier, unless it’s seen as a noticeable improvement over Kills.

And the early opening weekend predictions are between $50 and $60 million. I simply can't believe it. It would need at least $60 million opening to cross $100 million domestically. As for international, just look at this hitting $25-30 million.

Let's say it hits $60 million opening...

Weekend #1: 60 million

Weekend #2: 14 million / 84.8 million

Weekend #3: 7.7 million / 96.1 million

Weekend #4: 1.8 million / 99.2 million

Weekend #5: 0.7 million / 100.4 million

So, it would really need $60 million to get to roughly $101 million.

Edited by ViktorLosAngeles

43 minutes ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

And the early opening weekend predictions are between $50 and $60 million. I simply can't believe it. It would need at least $60 million opening to cross $100 million domestically. As for international, just look at this hitting $25-30 million.

Let's say it hits $60 million opening...

Weekend #1: 60 million

Weekend #2: 14 million / 84.8 million

Weekend #3: 7.7 million / 96.1 million

Weekend #4: 1.8 million / 99.2 million

Weekend #5: 0.7 million / 100.4 million

So, it would really need $60 million to get to roughly $101 million.

Halloween 2018 was 2.09

Halloween Kills was 1.86

You’re giving Ends a 1.66x

It could happen, but maybe a bit too harsh. I don’t see it making $100m. But an opening over $40m would be solid and over $50m would be great. 

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I expect a worse reception than Kills. Fans will not be kind to this movie.

Oh this is interesting. 

Kills got a B- so we’ll see. 

I wasn’t really a fan of Kills. Interesting that you’ve said fans won’t be kind to the film. I wonder if that depends on if you want Michael or Laurie to prevail. 

50 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wasn’t really a fan of Kills. Interesting that you’ve said fans won’t be kind to the film. I wonder if that depends on if you want Michael or Laurie to prevail

That’s a good point, they’re kind of damned if they do and damned if they don’t with this really. Kill Laurie and you’ll get some fans saying “you can’t kill the original final girl!!!!” whereas if they kill Michael fans will be upset because “you can’t kill the boogeyman!!!”. 

I’ll be happy with either to be honest, the latter would be expected and satisfying, but the former would be shocking and leave it open to more sequels which I’d be fine with (and let’s be honest, JLC has died in this franchise before, so she still might return for H60 😂).

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1