Eric Loves Rey

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

5 hours ago, excel1 said:

The DGG timeline really does't do Laurie Strode justice at all. Laurie has one HORRIBLE night and becomes Sarah Connor from Terminator for 40 years? Not only does she make no attempt to move on, she kinda sorta ruins her life by sprinting in the other direction. Ridiculous. 

H20 took a woman who survived both the events of Halloween 1 and 2 and made her into the mostly responsible, high-functioning woman she seemed well on her to becoming. H20 could have done even more with her character, but that is clearly the best ending for Laurie and Michael. 

H20 Laurie has always just felt like JLC to me.

This one was the first time she's felt like Laurie since 1978 (bar that brief Honour's Society mention in the 2018 movie). Her scene with Hawkins in the supermarket had me grinning stupidly. She was still struggling and still hardened, but she had that warmth back. I really loved that - especially after she was really quite annoying in Kills.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

H20 Laurie has always just felt like JLC to me.

This one was the first time she's felt like Laurie since 1978 (bar that brief Honour's Society mention in the 2018 movie). Her scene with Hawkins in the supermarket had me grinning stupidly. She was still struggling and still hardened, but she had that warmth back. I really loved that - especially after she was really quite annoying in Kills.

You're referring to a scene, I am referring to the entire character arc. H20's placement for Laurie's life is 100x more believable than anything in DGG films. 

17 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Horrible movie, but I hope John Carpenter is getting paid solid royalties from it along with the other bad sequels of the last 30+ years. None of these shit-show, cash grab films would exist without him creating the original movie in the first place. 

God bless him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, excel1 said:

You're referring to a scene, I am referring to the entire character arc. H20's placement for Laurie's life is 100x more believable than anything in DGG films. 

I dunno...the 2018 movie where she goes into lockdown hiding is pretty believable. If you stabbed & shot a murderous dude multiple times and he just kept getting up, it seems pretty believable to want to disappear off the grid and basically lock yourself in a very isolated place. Hope that he never shows up again. But the Halloween Kills & Ends movies are outright garbage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I dunno...the 2018 movie where she goes into lockdown hiding is pretty believable. If you stabbed & shot a murderous dude multiple times and he just kept getting up, it seems pretty believable to want to disappear off the grid and basically lock yourself in a very isolated place. Hope that he never shows up again. But the Halloween Kills & Ends movies are outright garbage. 

Not really. Sadly there are TONS of people who have attacked or assaulted or involved scenarios. The VAST majority of them go on to lead lives akin to Laurie's in H20 and very, very few of them lead lives ala Laurie in H40. Look one of the few enormous  amount of people who have survived these mass shootings. Do their lives simply end? Not at all. They have mental and possibly physical scars, but they almost always keep moving forward. 

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Not really. Sadly there are TONS of people who have attacked or assaulted or involved scenarios. The VAST majority of them go on to lead lives akin to Laurie's in H20 and very, very few of them lead lives ala Laurie in H40. Look one of the few enormous  amount of people who have survived these mass shootings. Do their lives simply end? Not at all. They have mental and possibly physical scars, but they almost always keep moving forward. 

That's a valid way of looking at it, but I still think the Michael Myers experience is pretty extreme. She stabbed him multiple times in H1978 and watched him get shot like 5 times by Dr. Loomis. Michael got up and walked away. That shit doesn't happen in real life, obviously. If a person came across that type of situation, I wouldn't be shocked for them to have the reaction portrayed in the 2018 movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That's a valid way of looking at it, but I still think the Michael Myers experience is pretty extreme. She stabbed him multiple times in H1978 and watched him get shot like 5 times by Dr. Loomis. Michael got up and walked away. That shit doesn't happen in real life, obviously. If a person came across that type of situation, I wouldn't be shocked for them to have the reaction portrayed in the 2018 movie. 

I agree with this. As Jamie Lee Curtis said, the events of the original was the 70s. Laurie Strode got no mental health support, as anyone in that scenario would get Today. She went to school the next day and was the freak show of the school. She was the "survivor". She was starred at everyday, as she was suffering inside. No one helped her. 

Every survivor reacts to things differently though..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

Grand, she still feels like JLC and not Laurie Strode to me.

Wow this sucked lol. Kills was incredibly stupid, but at least it was campy fun I guess? 

I think I'm just going to pretend that this franchise ended in 2018, and that Michael died in the housefire. Honestly, I feel kind of bad for the 2018 Halloween; it's a pretty fun movie and good follow up to the 1978 film, yet I'm worried its reputation is going to be tarnished by these two sequels.

I'll just say that if Jamie Lee Curtis wasn't in these last 2 movies, they would 100% just be fan fiction. 

• Like 5

Saw this today. Much like Kills before it, it's a case where I'll give Green credit for trying something different, but it has some scripting decisions that are just too baffling to overlook.

I feel like Kills and Ends might have found a warmer welcome, say, 10-15 years ago when much of the mainstream horror fare in multiplexes was hot garbage. But in an era where fare like Smile and Barbarian that have legit scares while doing elevated social commentary are playing in the same building? Nah.

15 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Is that lawsuit still going on?

It reached a worst case resolution. The writer was given the rights to the first movie only and the distribution rights remain with the producer.

With only the first movie, the iconic imagery isn't part of the rights, so no Jason in Hockey mask pretty much.

To make a new movie, the 2 parties who went to legal war against each other need to find common ground.

• Sad 1

Yeah this movie was so bizarre. and not in a good why. anyways can't get into details without spoiler it. but wow what a letdown and I didn't hate Halloween Kills, but that was already a pretty big letdown.