eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

On 8/17/2022 at 9:38 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

They're talking about the election as if it'll matter and Dr Strange opened during the election season

Yes, but 2024 is a totally different story.

Normallyh I would agree election would have no impact on box office, but with how crazy things are getting in the USA...things could get really, really, bad.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yes, but 2024 is a totally different story.

Normallyh I would agree election would have no impact on box office, but with how crazy things are getting in the USA...things could get really, really, bad.

Unless an actual civil war breaks out, there's gonna be no impact lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eric the Genie said:

LOL this is such a weird mix of directors

FF obviously historically had a unique sense of humor in its pages and amongst its characters that Feige surely wants to try to capture/bring to life here, and he needs a unique director who can handle both visual effects and sly humor,.  The first two FOX movies captured about 50% of it, and the last FOX movie didn't even try, of course.  

Shankman seems to indeed be one of the best fits right now, as they've already worked together in the genre, and particularly on a project that strove to maintain a delicate balance between humor, action, and heavy drama.  Of course this means Shankman isn't doing TREK right now for Paramount...but who really expected that one to go ahead as they announced?  😁

Edited by Macleod

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Just let Reid Carolin make Gambit

Remember that fake Spielberg rumor

Prove it's fake and I'll buy you dinner.  Again, there may have been little chance that Spielberg would do this project...but it doesn't mean that Marvel/Disney didn't *try* to talk to him or other A-listers.  

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I would like Wendys for tonight. Do you need my cashapp or Venmo?

What does this mean, then?  Yes, I know (and I'm a BIG advocate for this on these forums) that Hollywood Trade sources are eminently more reliable/worthy of trust, but...again: No one was surprised they couldn't get Spielberg.  Prove to me that they didn't *try*, and I'll take you up on that.  But I guess the only way we'll ever prove that is by handcuffing Feige and putting him a dark room and forcing him to watch the Snyder Cut endlessly until he tells us whether he made the call or not!  

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

What does this mean, then?  Yes, I know (and I'm a BIG advocate for this on these forums) that Hollywood Trade sources are eminently more reliable/worthy of trust, but...again: No one was surprised they couldn't get Spielberg.  Prove to me that they didn't *try*, and I'll take you up on that.  But I guess the only way we'll ever prove that is by handcuffing Feige and putting him a dark room and forcing him to watch the Snyder Cut endlessly until he tells us whether he made the call or not!  

You believe that instead of a verified Variety reporter just because it proves your agenda?

20 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You believe that instead of a verified Variety reporter just because it proves your agenda?

What agenda do I have?  I will keep re-stating what I'm stating.  No one was surprised that Spielberg wouldn't sign on for this.  But why is it so hard to believe that Marvel/Disney *attempted* to aim high, as other buzz was saying early on?  Rumors are rumors, sure, but they usually don't come from absolutely nowhere.  If I could get Feige in a room, this is the one question I'd ask him, sure.  

• Haha 1

The tweets aren't contradictory anyway, so what's the beef here? 

One tweet says Disney/Marvel reached out to Spielberg and the other simply says Spielberg isn't/wasn't directing F4.  If Adam Vary was saying that Disney never even bothered having any sort of discussion, informal or otherwise, I could see the discussion. 

As it is though, they're really talking about different things.

• Like 2