eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

33 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What hate? Women being hated in the US? Even more so related to Marvel Studios projects? That never happens!

I have read complaints that Kirby is both not pretty enough and too old for the role, beleive it or not.

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s par of the course with the chuds. I just pay no mind to this shit.

OH, I 100% agree. I think Kirby would be great in the role.

I don't get why some fanboys are so attached to the young Sue Storm. I think going the Ultimate FF route was one of the things that doomed the previous film FF efforts. The Ultimate Universe FF was a notable flop in sales. People just did not like it..particulary the they are so young idea..which messed up the relation between Sue and Johnny...that Sue was despertly trying to be the mother to her kid brother.

• Like 1

Not sure how I’d feel about this, I kinda wanted Adam Driver as Doom more than Reed, but who knows. If they go the John Krasinski route for Reed, it makes a lot of sense actually. Very similar ages, and Doom needs to be around the age of Reed because of their rivalry.

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Murphy needs to be Lex Luthor in Legacy. Dr. Doom wears a mask for goods sake.

Doom doesn’t use a mask all the time. In fact he doesn’t even have a disfigured face. He has a scar and his vanity and search for perfection is the reason why he uses a mask. Also it’s a very theatrical character, never really fully fleshed out in the big screen. I actually like the idea of peak physique for Lex Luthor, and that doesn’t fit with Murphy. 

I really want Alexander Skarsgard for Luthor. You need someone charming that you could see why Clark would get kind of jealous around Lex. You need some sort of evil Bruce for Luthor this time around imho, and I don’t feel like that’s what Cillian could bring to that role.

• Like 1

Why should Clark get jealous of Lex lol. Goes against the whole point of the character. It will be just replacing one bro take for another post-MoS.

Barbie literally is the way forward for Supes. Relatability without assigning the character any toxic traits.

• Like 3

Looks like Margot Robbie dodged a bullet with not getting Sue Storm. I doubt she really wanted to chain herself to another superhero universe for the next 10 years.

Now she finally gets a Billie hit film with Barbie, and can continue to do prestigious films with the occasional big budget movie.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Looks like Margot Robbie dodged a bullet with not getting Sue Storm. I doubt she really wanted to chain herself to another superhero universe for the next 10 years.

Now she finally gets a Billie hit film with Barbie, and can continue to do prestigious films with the occasional big budget movie.

Barbie has been a blessing for her and her team in more ways than one. Now they finally know what works for her, which audiences to target her towards, what brand image to create etc.

Her even being in talks for FF shows her management had no idea what to do with her after the Amsterdam/Babylon double bombs. FF would have wasted her like how the Spider-films waste Zendaya.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:30 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Barbie has been a blessing for her and her team in more ways than one. Now they finally know what works for her, which audiences to target her towards, what brand image to create etc.

Her even being in talks for FF shows her management had no idea what to do with her after the Amsterdam/Babylon double bombs. FF would have wasted her like how the Spider-films waste Zendaya.

On the other hand, limiting her to "Barbie" type rolls would be a mistake. People forget she got a Best Actress nomination for 'I , Tonya", She can be a very good dramatic actress, given the right script.

And,yes, she should keep away from CBM's for a while.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 5:12 PM, Mojoguy said:

I think her reteaming with Marty Scorsese is just a matter of time.

This thing has many red flags all over it. Nobody from name actors wants to do it if they are not offered the biggest paycheck possible, this screams that script is not very good, that Driver report pretty much solidifies it. But I don't blame them, it's such a low tier material. Comic books might be good, I don't know, but F4 has a terrible baggage of live action adaptations and current director, writers and state of the franchise are not exactly appealing.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

This thing has many red flags all over it. Nobody from name actors wants to do it if they are not offered the biggest paycheck possible, this screams that script is not very good, that Driver report pretty much solidifies it. But I don't blame them, it's such a low tier material. Comic books might be good, I don't know, but F4 has a terrible baggage of live action adaptations and current director, writers and state of the franchise are not exactly appealing.

If Robbie was not alread out of the running, the asking price she will demand since Barbie opened for a multi film commitment will probably put her out of contention.