charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (7/24)

5 hours ago, john2000 said:

ps i am writing from my phone and quickly, so sorry for some mistakes

Your English got a lot better since you started IMHO.

Not bad for someone who only rather recently started to learn English (and has to learn the use of our letters as well), I guess in 2 - 3 years you might surpass my also self-trained English :D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

She’s not playing a 10-year-old. She’s supposed to be starting high school.

I agree with everything else you said, though.

Yeah because they changed the plot. Still it's ridiculous that show was/is for toddlers.

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's a big drop from previous Annabelle but since these movies are cheap af it's still a big hit. 

That depends on the Wan, Farmiga, Wilson, etc... deals. If it is like those Blum movies, they are quite expensive when they work well.

Edited by Barnack

14 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Your English got a lot better since you started IMHO.

Not bad for someone who only rather recently started to learn English (and has to learn the use of our letters as well), I guess in 2 - 3 years you might surpass my also self-trained English :D

to be honest with you i have learned english in shool and had private lessons,  that ended 2 years ago, however only recently i started to use them on regular basis , 

Edited by john2000
  • Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That depends on the Wan, Farmiga, Wilson, etc... deals. If it is like those Blum movies, they are quite expensive when they work well.

27 million budget. Making over 200 million WW its a huge hit. If it had opened like the others away from the competive window it could have done even more.

6 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

It will be interesting to see how high Disney can go by Dec 31st. It was at 2.4B DOM on Sunday.

Atypically they have this year not really considerable pre-year holdovers in comparison to the last few years

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Today is the day.

SMFFH today will be the 2nd Sony distributed movie to reach/surpass the ww $1b milestone, the first being another franchise movie count collector (jokingly meant)

= 007's Skyfall

Depending on if a certain 007 title gets added to the counter or not, Skyfall is either 007's #23 or #24 release, if #23 = same as AEG

(in case someone not into 007 or.... is wondering, its about Never Say Never Again)

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

to be honest with you i have learned english in shool and had private lessons,  that ended 2 years ago, however only recently i started to use them on regular basis , 

Ahh, then I misunderstood a very early post of yours

There is a big difference to learn something in school or start to use. I had in the '70 an hour per week English in school training for ~ 4 years (special very technical focused school, that cut down on all other kind of subjects to cramp in more technical/maths based subjects), but never clicked with the then teaching system for English. Was always my worst subject and the sole reason I had to repeat a year before the finals.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davidwested said:

27 million budget. Making over 200 million WW its a huge hit. If it had opened like the others away from the competive window it could have done even more.

What percentage of the final cost does that 27M figure represent do you think ?

It is a huge hit because it made a huge box office, I doubt it will end up particularly cheap.

Edited by Barnack

Lion King crossed $700M by Wednesday, Will clear $950M WW By Sunday!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $243,213,543    34.9%
Foreign:  $453,400,000    65.1%

Worldwide:  $696,613,543  

+$17M Wednesday domestic = $713M WW

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

I don't think Sony will take that 2021 july slot again? All the movies who have been on that summer slot this year don't want to ever get another summer slot except the Lion King because competition dosen't mean much for the big giant cat.

But imo Sony now knows that Spiderman has tapped into a new audience group due to the teen-romance additions which made the movie grow from it's first movie and from other spider-man movies. 

Summer slots are unpleasant opening date because it gets overcrowded and imo Spider-man 3 will be able to do much more then it did this year hence why I think Sony will opt to go with a more favorable opening date in 2022 somewhere in October-november-ish. 

If you place Spiderman far from home in Frozen 2 opening date it makes more then frozen 2 while Frozen 2 will make less then FFH in this overcrowded summer slot

Edited by Geo1500
  • ...wtf 2

2 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I don't think Sony will take that 2021 july slot again? All the movies who have been on that summer slot this year don't want to ever get another summer slot except the Lion King because competition dosen't mean much to the big giant cat. 

But imo Sony now knows that Spiderman has tapped into a new audience group due to the teen-romance additions which made the movie grow from it's first movie and other spider-mans movies. 

Summer slots are unpleasant opening date because it gets overcrowded and imo Spider-man 3 will be able to do much more then it did this year hence why I think Sony will opt to go with a more favorable opening date in 2022 somewhere in October-november-ish

The MCU has had Spider-man long enough that if it was in production/near production we would have heard about it last week.