sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I did the exact thing with Toy Story 4.

i just saw that a couple of hours ago. It's fine. Nice to see the characters again. You didn't miss much though.

Adding 3x this weekend (12.2) shouldn't be hard for FFH. That will give it 36.6 more for 381 dom. Can't rule out beating GOTG2.

Ditto for TS4 and Aladdin if not better.

380-390 for FFH.

430-440 for TS4

355-360 for Aladdin.

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

wish it came back to a cinema near me, I fell asleep for the entire film and want to watch it again as I missed pretty much entire movie except first 10 minutes

How could you possibly sleep through JW3 in a theater! That movie is loud AF!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

How could you possibly sleep through JW3 in a theater! That movie is loud AF!!!

Try lugging bricks and cement around for 8 hours in blazing heat, go to the cinema sit down for the first time all day and completely knackered... has happened to me with several films just didn't realise how tired i was.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

My predicted final domestic grosses

The Lion King $539,585,534.00
Once Upon a Time In Hollywood 117,000,000
Spider-Man: Far from Home $373,502,889.05
Toy Story 4 $422,309,587.08
Crawl $43,227,498.88
Yesterday $70,841,550.00
Aladdin $354,641,086.00
Stuber $22,946,751.71
Annabelle Comes Home $73,636,963.00
The Secret Life of Pets 2 $155,732,766.63

Agree mostly, but definitely too low for Aladdin/TS4 and maybe FFH. I don't see how Aladdin is missing 360 based on comparable titles, even with no re-expansion and TS4 is a solid 17m ahead of TS3 through the same point and is still pulling larger weekends, so 430 is at least happening, maybe even 440. 

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Try lugging bricks and cement around for 8 hours in blazing heat, go to the cinema sit down for the first time all day and completely knackered... has happened to me with several films just didn't realise how tired i was.

Yeah...that will do it!😬 I hope you get a chance to watch it in a theater. Hopefully they'll re-expand it to one near you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Yeah...that will do it!😬 I hope you get a chance to watch it in a theater. Hopefully they'll re-expand it to one near you.

Thanks, unfortunately I think I'm too late. To be fair i have had plenty of free evenings i should have gone back right the next day. (and probably fallen asleep again... LOL)

• Sad 1

No wonder this movie is opening in over 4200 theaters, the production budget is insane(Not Fate's $250M level insane)! Universal sure is riding on this to be their top hit of 2019!:ohmygod:

Fast & Furious Presents:
Hobbs & Shaw

Distributor: Universal Release Date: August 2, 2019
Genre: Action Runtime: 2 hrs. 16 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $200 million
Edited by sfran43
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, sfran43 said:

No wonder this movie is opening in over 4200 theaters, the production budget is insane(Not Fate's $250M level insane)! Universal sure is riding on this to be their top hit for 2019!:ohmygod:

Fast & Furious Presents:
Hobbs & Shaw

Not insane budget imo. It could do 4x that ww, with dom itself matching the prod budget. They are giving it full potential to surprise and do 1b (maybe go bonkers in China), set a platform for sequels.

9 hours ago, sfran43 said:

1.4b is locked while 1.5b alive imo.

143 os weekend so 285 more (2x the weekend) should be doable, even conservative.

75+ dom weekend so 190 more (2.5x the weekend, for 540 total) is reasonable and again conservative.

That gives it 963 + 285 + 190 = 1438 ww

13 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

No wonder this movie is opening in over 4200 theaters, the production budget is insane(Not Fate's $250M level insane)! Universal sure is riding on this to be their top hit of 2019!:ohmygod:

Fast & Furious Presents:
Hobbs & Shaw

Well, yeah, it's the next Fast and Furious film. This is getting the full force of any F&F film. 

And no this won't be the top Uni film of the year. We still have CATS remember.

4 hours ago, baumer said:

-snip-

Look no further than the overseas numbers of the film to find that the three biggest markets are the one that have underperformed compared to rest.

Yes. TLK is more popular than BaTB, How?

Just see how overseas number of TLK have blown BaTB out of park, that with China, UK and Japan later on not performing to the potential.

Sort of pre-sales film had Domestically Club, it should have easily topped 220mn. One of the reason to lower number is definitely it being soul less but internationally film has something special - The foreign dubbing.

In India it was able to reach Top 15 single days for Hollywood, featuring among two Avengers film. That was simply unthinkable a week ago.

Just see the above Australian number. Going by thumb rule, the second weekend domestically should have been around $100mn and $400mn total till Sunday.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

50 minutes ago, a2k said:

1.4b is locked while 1.5b alive imo.

143 os weekend so 285 more (2x the weekend) should be doable, even conservative.

75+ dom weekend so 190 more (2.5x the weekend, for 540 total) is reasonable and again conservative.

That gives it 963 + 285 + 190 = 1438 ww

Japan and Italy have yet to open, so $1.5 billion WW is locked unless one of these markets bombs. 

• Thanks 1