sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

Just now, Avatree said:

St matthews is road between Court and the blue moon right? assuming these were there when you lived there... 😛

Good pub, great range of beers. My friends band plays there a lot.

Small world yeah it's right near there. That's so cool.

Just now, cdsacken said:

Small world yeah it's right near there. That's so cool.

Small world indeed. Cambridge is a small city in fairness lol.

To be fair I don't actually live in the city itself, live in one of the surrounding villages.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Small world indeed. Cambridge is a small city in fairness lol.

To be fair I don't actually live in the city itself, live in one of the surrounding villages.

My daughter went to school in Burwell and I went through a load ones close every day to take her there. 

House prices are crazy there.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

My daughter went to school in Burwell and I went through a load ones close every day to take her there. 

House prices are crazy there.

Burwell is nice. I was doing some building work a few months ago in swaffham prior just down the road. I like the cluster of villages in that area.

House prices in some of the villages are ridiculous... i live with my parents in  a 3 bedroom house and it's currently worth £750,000. Just insane. i mean it's a reasonably sized house but nothing fancy, that kind of money is stupid. I doubt I'll ever be able to buy a house in the area I've lived all my life. I find that a bit sad.

I know what I'd do if i were my parents, I'd be selling the house and moving up north lol with a brand new ferrari.

1 hour ago, a2k said:

For more than a few seconds I honestly thought this thread was going political/Trump reading about US and Get Out.

Is it bad that it took me an hour to get the joke?  Lord, was I in movie thinking mode during Winter Soldier vs brain engaged mode:)...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Let's be honest here. Anything below a A is a failure in the Indian world. 

I learned that very quickly getting all those Bs and Cs. My Afrikaaner mom was like it's okay and my Indian dad was like you are a failure. 

Well that's what I said few pages back. That's why I prefer numbers. Somehow psychologically a 75-80/100 is better than B.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

I don't know how much the average American pays for their healthcare (I've read it is more than other countries tax contributions to health care) but it seems like you guys have quite a few taxes at significantly lower rates. For example you have tax on products which varies from state but about 5% i believe? Here everything is 20% and much of Europe has 20-25%

Lol holy shit 25% sales tax on products O_o. I live in Manitoba (Canada) and our sales tax is 13% lol

Edited by Killimano3

5 minutes ago, a2k said:

RT Aud score has been a free-fall for OUTAH. Was 83% Fri and 75% right now.

was just talking about why this might be in the movie's dedicated non spoiler thread... it occurred to me maybe part of why it's not landing is due to some audience members not actually having any real familiarity with either the time period OR the Manson family.... Tarantino seems to assume a base level of knowledge about both those things, and it's possible if you DON'T have that level of knowledge, a lot of why the movie works just... doesn't. And at that point.... all you're left with is a hangout comedy in old clothes. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, a2k said:

Would take anything north of 13.5

That would be really really good considering Bastard made 13m from a 12.5m true Friday vs 11.05 for Hollywood.

Similar hold to Inglorious Bastard (that had excellent legs) would give it 11.5M

Edited by Barnack